+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Kevin.

It is the same with everything in HiFi.
    Some people hear a difference, and some don’t.
    If you do, buy it.... If you don’t spend your money elsewhere.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

folk here things i dont thats for sure. but im not good at it ... i here what i hear. you here what you hear. expectation of a huge difference where only a small one really exists can set people back i guess
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Just got back from Alan's (Firebottle) after hearing the Coherent RTZ grounding box.* ***Edit: No BMU, DC Blocker or ferrites are in use as far as i know***

Unfortunately, it does work lol.*

I tested it blind, and I got it right every time. About 4 goes of A/B.*

Night and day? No. obvious? Well I wasn't guessing so I have to say.....yes.*

The effect was an improvement in resolution. Without the RTZ in, there was a loss of leading edge and clarity. Almost smudged.*

With it in, it sharpened the sound and created a more definite soundstage. Everything felt a fair bit more defined.*

Was it enough for me to consider buying one? No. Not yet at least. I need to hear it here, in my own system and there needs to be a few more things happening first. Let me explain,

Alan's invested £1k+ at a guess, in the RTZ box and cables, which although I now see why, still gives me heart palpitations.*

Alan is highly unlikely to change any aspect of his system so as I said before, what else to you do to get an increase in performance when you have settled on your rig? It makes sense in the context of his future aspirations and his system that this is now part of his system.*

However for me, I'd take that £1k+ and use it towards new speakers or an Ortofon Winfeld.*

What I will say in its favour is that it does improve the entire system rather than just one bit. Digital side is improved on the same scale as the analogue, which disproved my "digital only" theory.*

I'm left rather perplexed at what I've heard Vs the price. Whilst I'm now happy to stand my ground on its effectiveness, I neither understand how it works or whether there is £1k worth of product in the package.*

To me it looks like a £15 Chinese aluminium box with fancy terminals on the back, Black Ravioli feet and nothing more. It's hard to see exactly where the price comes from.*

The material inside the box CAN NOT be a new Material, it MUST already exist.

Whatever it is, its heavy and while Tony can keep the materials identity a secret, he'll sell a lot of these boxes.*

This is an accessory for the time when you're as far up the food chain of your equipment as you're likely to go and then you stick one of these in to put the cherry on top.*
    Last edited by Bigman80; 12-02-2019 at 17:30.

I'm Edward.

Your experience mirrors mine Oli. Not night/day black/white difference but a definite improvement in clarity, focus and sharpness (to borrow terms from photography).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Your experience mirrors mine Oli. Not night/day black/white difference but a definite improvement in clarity, focus and sharpness (to borrow terms from photography).

I rang Tony about a couple of hours ago and he said he was busy with a client - did not realise it was you that he was with.
    Ha, no Tony wasn't there mate. Just Alan and I.

Yep, I can't dispute the effectiveness of the unit.

I'm Martin.

Neal

Mrs went to bed at 10, then I had a play around but was a bit tired and now I'm unsure of what I'm hearing. I went direct utp to the back of the amp from the router and heard no significant differences so then spent an hour switching cables and putting 1 or 2 transformers in and putting my Netgear cables back to 123 instead of 135 and went to bed thoroughly confused.

Soundstage is now narrower and system has lost a little something but it still sounds better than last week I think. However some tracks I was listening to test the soundstage is totally different. Was getting loads of width to the left on some percussion but now that has moved centre. Bang centre. I did move the amp to cable and undoubtedly moved cables.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Ha, no Tony wasn't there mate. Just Alan and I.

Yep, I can't dispute the effectiveness of the unit.
    Ha, I realised my error and edited my post within a minute but you were far to quick for me Oli. I'll just spend a few mins in the naughty corner so I can repent.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Just got back from Alan's (Firebottle) after hearing the Coherent RTZ grounding box.*

Unfortunately, it does work lol.*

I tested it blind, and I got it right every time. About 4 goes of A/B.*

Night and day? No. obvious? Well I wasn't guessing so I have to say.....yes.*

The effect was an improvement in resolution. Without the RTZ in, there was a loss of leading edge and clarity. Almost smudged.*

With it in, it sharpened the sound and created a more definite soundstage. Everything felt a fair bit more defined.*

Was it enough for me to consider buying one? No. Not yet at least. I need to hear it here, in my own system and there needs to be a few more things happening first. Let me explain,

Alan's invested £1k+ at a guess, in the RTZ box and cables, which although I now see why, still gives me heart palpitations.*

Alan is highly unlikely to change any aspect of his system so as I said before, what else to you do to get an increase in performance when you have settled on your rig? It makes sense in the context of his future aspirations and his system that this is now part of his system.*

However for me, I'd take that £1k+ and use it towards new speakers or an Ortofon Winfeld.*

What I will say in its favour is that it does improve the entire system rather than just one bit. Digital side is improved on the same scale as the analogue, which disproved my "digital only" theory.*

I'm left rather perplexed at what I've heard Vs the price. Whilst I'm now happy to stand my ground on its effectiveness, I neither understand how it works or whether there is £1k worth of product in the package.*

To me it looks like a £15 Chinese aluminium box with fancy terminals on the back, Black Ravioli feet and nothing more. It's hard to see exactly where the price comes from.*

The material inside the box CAN NOT be a new Material, it MUST already exist.

Whatever it is, its heavy and while Tony can keep the materials identity a secret, he'll sell a lot of these boxes.*

This is an accessory for the time when you're as far up the food chain of your equipment as you're likely to go and then you stick one of these in to put the cherry on top.*
    Nice write up Oli

I still have a big smile on my face, following Tony's visit last Saturday, with the Coherent cables I had ordered to go with the RTZ3.

I can sum up the improvement in my system as more palpability, deeper bass, the removal of smearing on fine detail and a greater 3D soundstage!

If this is due to the removal of RFI/EMI and stray small electrical currents on the ground plane, then this is most definitely a very good thing!

It's black, heavy and just sits there, doing it's thing! Wondering just how it works or what's inside the box, doesn't keep me awake at night!
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm jamie.

oli,was it heavy enough to go with the conductive concrete theory?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    oli,was it heavy enough to go with the conductive concrete theory?
    Yes. Maybe a bit over 1kg. Could certainly have been concrete but not sure how that would collect RF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast