+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Stones new LP

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Rolling Stones new LP

So the Rolling Stones have just announced they are going to cut a new LP.

Does anyone really care about a bunch of octogenarian (or near enough) rockers, who should have retired years ago to enjoy their fortunes?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Stones fan and have about a dozen of their LPs, but surely it's time to call it a day.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Does anyone really care about a bunch of octogenarian (or near enough) rockers, who should have retired years ago to enjoy their fortunes?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Stones fan and have about a dozen of their LPs, but surely it's time to call it a day.
    jagger is 80.... mind you mccartney is 81
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I disagree. They clearly don't need the money, but it's what they've always done and want to keep doing as long as they can. I would never take any notice of anyone telling me I'm too old to ride a motorbike or enjoy listening to rock music, and I see no difference here.

Of course whether the album will be much cop is another matter. Buy it, don't buy it. I probably wont, but I'm sure it will do well.

When I saw them on their "Urban Jungle" tour in 1990, I thought they looked ancient, with Keith looking like a broom handle with a skull on top, and thought then they can't go on much longer. They were late 40s then

Are they the longest running band ever? Maybe that's what they're working towards...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I disagree. They clearly don't need the money, but it's what they've always done and want to keep doing as long as they can. I would never take any notice of anyone telling me I'm too old to ride a motorbike or enjoy listening to rock music, and I see no difference here.

Of course whether the album will be much cop is another matter. Buy it, don't buy it. I probably wont, but I'm sure it will do well.

When I saw them on their "Urban Jungle" tour in 1990, I thought they looked ancient, with Keith looking like a broom handle with a skull on top, and thought then they can't go on much longer. They were late 40s then

Are they the longest running band ever? Maybe that's what they're working towards...
    probably between the stones and the searchers as to longevity. think searchers are longest starting in 59, although i think only john mcnally is left of the original lineup. stones have 2 in richards and jagger. wyman would be oldest but he isnt with them ;he would be 86
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    probably between the stones and the searchers as to longevity. think searchers are longest starting in 59, although i think only john mcnally is left of the original lineup. stones have 2 in richards and jagger. wyman would be oldest but he isnt with them ;he would be 86
    I suppose if there is at least one founding member it qualifies. After that we're talking Trigger's broom, and won't count
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

'The Simpsons' back in 1995 thought it would be funny to joke that the Stones would still be touring in 2010

ofc they predicted that Trump would become President too, that was a joke at the time as well.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

On the radio it was suggested that it may be the Stones' final LP, as it includes two tracks with Charlie Watts drumming, and ends with a new cover of Muddy Waters "Like a Rolling Stone".

As Piggurs says, we shall have to wait to find out if it's any good - but I'm not holding my breath.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

On the radio it was suggested that it may be the Stones' final LP, as it includes two tracks with Charlie Watts drumming, and ends with a new cover of Muddy Waters "Like a Rolling Stone".

As Piggurs says, we shall have to wait to find out if it's any good - but I'm not holding my breath.
    well his last performance with stones was in 2019 afaik... not long before he died. think it was satisfaction
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

On the radio it was suggested that it may be the Stones' final LP, .
    Yes and how many 'Farewell Tours' did Status Quo have again?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

This is an LP, not a farewell tour - though that may come soon enough.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast