+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: HMV in trouble again.

I'm Steve.

It's an assumption based on your avatar which gives a "Do I look like a F-ing people person?" impression while the images in avatars are for the most part not of the actual member, they do have some effect I'm sure. I've never met Robert (Robbiegong) either, but I imagine him looking rather like Bob Marley. My avatar is a blank space, which sums me up perfectly.

Maybe this is just the way my head is wired - similarly, when I read posts, the voice in my head is my own, as I don't know what they sound like. When I recently spoke to Marco I was surprised to hear a Scottish accent although really I knew it would be. I thought he might sound a bit more like Duncan Norville.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Just a bit of nonsense while waiting for the 300b's to warm up

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie View Post
    OOh nice person alert. Bit of a bugger though that this is your opinion on peoples livelyhoods and retail in general by the looks of things. I am quite sure in doing so that you are quite safe in the position you hold that enables you to do so. Very lucky person.........until it arrives at your door, then things change a little and it will one day.

I like Physical media and as such,I can touch, I can own it, I can converse with those who sell it to me.
    Thats completely unfair and you get this on forums where people think they can have a go. I said I have sympathy with any person who has no work. Your point is nonsensical. Am I supposed to support every staff member of a failing business....oooh think of the staff. When Jaguar Landrover laid off 1000 workers did you go round with a goody bag for each of them?...exactly and you seem to be attacking me for being cold and heartless.

Its a chainstore. Im sorry the store does not entice me to spend my money as you seem to love the place.

Its not my opinion of people. I help homeless people in my area but I cant financially support every person without work

Things have arrived at my door. Ive been through real shit I can assure you. Ive lived on the streets and not once did an HMV staff member come round to help pay the bills before I hit the streets....get my obvious point.

Having a go at me is unacceptable because you are implying that Im gloating and dont give a damn about anyone. You know them all personally and go and help out do you?

You havent read my thread...I said Im not gloating...I just cant see how the stores can survive. I had to retrain, I still struggled and the world doesnt owe anyone a living.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 13-01-2019 at 01:29.

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Thats completely unfair and you get this on forums where people think they can have a go. I said I have sympathy with any person who has no work. Your point is nonsensical. Am I supposed to support every staff member of a failing business....oooh think of the staff. When Jaguar Landrover laid off 1000 workers did you go round with a goody bag for each of them?...exactly and you seem to be attacking me for being cold and heartless.

Its a chainstore. Im sorry the store does not entice me to spend my money as you seem to love the place.

Its not my opinion of people. I help homeless people in my area but I cant financially support every person without work

Things have arrived at my door. Ive been through real shit I can assure you. Ive lived on the streets and not once did an HMV staff member come round to help pay the bills before I hit the streets....get my obvious point.

Having a go at me is unacceptable because you are implying that Im gloating and dont give a damn about anyone. You know them all personally and go and help out do you?

You havent read my thread...I said Im not gloating...I just cant see how the stores can survive. I had to retrain, I still struggled and the world doesnt owe anyone a living.
    I don't know them personaly no, but I do know people in retail so can sympathise with their lot.

HMV is store I use a lot and if it's gone will miss it quite a bit and yes I did love the place, you don't so it does not impact you, so why comment?
    Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie; 13-01-2019 at 16:38.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My avatar is a blank space, which sums me up perfectly.
    I can give you a nice (rather apt) avatar if you want

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie View Post
    I don't know them personaly no, but I do know people in retail so can sympathise with their lot.

HMV is store I use a lot and if it's gone will miss it quite a bit and yes I did love the place, you don't so it does not impact you, so why comment?
    So you are saying that all comments on an open forum should be oh dear I loved the place. Its worth commenting on because it was a large operation that seems to have been left behind. Its more a comment on how things are changing in a tougher and more competitive economy.

Its the faux concern for staff that bothers me because you dont spend the month worrying about all the people you havent traded with. So its a low blow mentioning staff as if I dont care on a basic human level.

I didnt expect to be judged as a cold and heartless. Yes why comment on a thread thats going nowhere as we all know why HMV are failing. Im surprised that anybody likes the place enough to be really upset. Ive moved on and get all the music I need elsewhere

Guys, let's nip it in the bud right there, before things escalate any further. It's a difference of opinion, and no need for anyone to get personal. Just agree to disagree and move on, please. Ta!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I can give you a nice (rather apt) avatar if you want

Marco.
    Hmm, that sounds like it could be fun, so go for it! As long as it's not that one of you in those trousers you "altered".

The only reason I don't have one is because I don't know how.

T'other system:

A/V:

Enjoy...

I'm told that the likeness is uncanny, and all the rage in 'certain bars' in Chorley!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Enjoy...

I'm told that the likeness is uncanny, and all the rage in 'certain bars' in Chorley!

Marco.
    Yes the "Italian" look is very popular here, just ask Tuscany Trevor. Unfortunately he does get a bit of stick from the locals, and is thinking of moving to Brighton, or Wrexham, where he can mix with like minded souls.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast