https://www.sporcle.com/games/JCASEYFU/bestever

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Martin.

well I did the Pink Floyd one and I cant really see much point typing every word in. It would be more fun guessing jumbled up lyrics or random lyrics.

Coupled with the typing lag twas a bit of a bore really
    " Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"

'I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, 'because I'm not myself, you see.'.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    well I did the Pink Floyd one and I cant really see much point typing every word in. It would be more fun guessing jumbled up lyrics or random lyrics.

Coupled with the typing lag twas a bit of a bore really
    This isn't the first time you've made such a comment on a thread of mine. I assure you it isn't appreciated in the slightest.

If you don't like it, don't bother with it.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    This isn't the first time you've made such a comment on a thread of mine. I assure you it isn't appreciated in the slightest.

If you don't like it, don't bother with it.
    There were no personal remarks and Martin is entitled to an opinion even if it does not coincide with yours.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There were no personal remarks and Martin is entitled to an opinion even if it does not coincide with yours.
    It's not the spirit of the forum though is it? Why bother posting negative remarks on such a thread? I don't expect everyone to agree with me, I'd be surprised if they did, but that post blatantly crapped on the thread.

Also, and with genuine respect for your position, my reply to his post contained no personal remarks and offered my opinion. So if his post didn't need a mod comment, neither should mine.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    It's not the spirit of the forum though is it? Why bother posting negative remarks on such a thread? I don't expect everyone to agree with me, I'd be surprised if they did, but that post blatantly crapped on the thread.

Also, and with genuine respect for your position, my reply to his post contained no personal remarks and offered my opinion. So if his post didn't need a mod comment, neither should mine.
    That's not for you to say.

I didn't see it as 'thread crapping'. Within sensible limits, posters can say what they like as long as it's not personal or offensive.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Not sure if it works on my phone I just get a load of blank lines I assume there's more to it than that?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's not for you to say.

I didn't see it as 'thread crapping'. Within sensible limits, posters can say what they like as long as it's not personal or offensive.
    I've given myself plenty of time before replying to this as I wanted to make sure I was not just reacting while annoyed. I have genuine affection for this forum and take pride in caring about it and supporting it. I appreciate that I don't make a very important contribution, mostly social, but I do like to offer input where I have direct experience that can be of help. I have always tried to make positive comments (some of which were intended to add humour) and supported any thread that I have taken part in. So to receive such unbalanced moderation has left me disinclined to contribute further. My reply to the negative post on this thread met the same standards that you used to defend said post, yet you felt need to pull me up on my opinion of it.

I am aware that this post may very well make me look like a child throwing a tantrum, but so be it. The forum moderation is either fair and equal or it isn't.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

Moderating is a tricky thing and cannot appease everyone all the time Rich. I have to say, although in my opinion Martin would have been better passing on the thread, his comment wasn't out of order. Geoff was correct in his judgement in leaving it as is , again in my opinion(and thats all we as mods can do, is use our experience to smooth the road). as I say we cannot always keep everyone's feelings on a matter happy.
    Be a shame if you were to leave over something like this mate... Think it over a bit more.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

Not wishing to stoke a fire, but if I were Rich I would have seen Martin's post as unnecessarily frank for a 'fun' topic to say the least. Maybe it wasn't mean't that way, the written word can often be misinterpreted. I hope my opinion doesn't offend!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast