+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bespoke Headphones?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    The Nuraphones arrived today - shipped from the Netherlands (almost a week ago !!)

1st impressions (with Bluetooth and MP3 from phone) .. OK but not a lot better than my HD600, slight improvement in higher frequencies noticeable but nothing dramatic.

2nd impressions - using the (extra) analogue cable/HP amp and RPi AIFF files = WOW !!!!! - definitely spectacular improvement.

Anyone buying these should definitely get the analogue cable (£15) and avoid BT if poss.

More in depth pros and cons later when I have a had a chance to listen more
    which cable are u using Mike. Ive not bought any yet
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Been using mine every day now and they are superb. comfort is fine now im used to them etc. Hate to say it but they are better than my oppo planar/ headphone amp mix, which are no slouches. more of everything.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

finally got the analogue cable for my nuraphones.... plugged in to my sony phone and tidal masters playing bettye lavette. improved bass response. deeper insight and lower noise floor. stunning
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    finally got the analogue cable for my nuraphones.... plugged in to my sony phone and tidal masters playing bettye lavette. improved bass response. deeper insight and lower noise floor. stunning
    Excellent Grant ... knew you would be impressed with the analogue cable

These really are game changing cans, quite unbelievable what they achieve ... clean, detailed and very revealing.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Excellent Grant ... knew you would be impressed with the analogue cable

These really are game changing cans, quite unbelievable what they achieve ... clean, detailed and very revealing.
    yup a good call mate... the things you hear are sometimes very revealing of the artists etc. will try out on other kit later and report
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yup a good call mate... the things you hear are sometimes very revealing of the artists etc. will try out on other kit later and report
    It seems that the claims made for these are justified. Having recently bought a pair of HIFIMAN 400i planar magnetics I cannot really justify buying these. However, should my hearing deteriorate or I need a need set of phones I will definitely consider these!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    It seems that the claims made for these are justified. Having recently bought a pair of HIFIMAN 400i planar magnetics I cannot really justify buying these. However, should my hearing deteriorate or I need a need set of phones I will definitely consider these!
    Yup, they have kinda made my very good oppo planar's obsolete... and they are damn good cans. got them connected via cable to my headphone amp now.. magical.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Still enjoying these muchly(Nuraphones)... been using them in different configurations with different sources. also i have definitely found that your hearing changes regularly and you do need to change your profile regularly to get best out of them. Also its wise to keep the immersion low ... Probably my best ever buy even though they were expensive.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Heard a pair of the HiFiMAN 400i the other day against the Audeze LCD2 classic. The HifiMan 400i are superb!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Heard a pair of the HiFiMAN 400i the other day against the Audeze LCD2 classic. The HifiMan 400i are superb!
    I'm very pleased with my 400i's but they do take a bit of driving. I adjusted the gain on my Caiman SEG and they sound great now.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast