+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Orchard Audio's PecanPi - Review

I'm Grant.

Jriver latest version.. 25 is very good. I use both it and audirvana. Both can be used with a rpi volumio package easily.. AV is easiest and it pulls in tidal too.
    Using currently a digione which is excellent into my vena2's coaxial input. I also can take either straight from usb through a ifi purifier which is also superb.
    I've 2 laptops that can be used.
    I've even digitised my vinyl replay on the fly a to d straight from my project stage.
    I'm very digi orientated lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Jriver latest version.. 25 is very good. I use both it and audirvana. Both can be used with a rpi volumio package easily.. AV is easiest and it pulls in tidal too.
    Using currently a digione which is excellent into my vena2's coaxial input. I also can take either straight from usb through a ifi purifier which is also superb.
    I've 2 laptops that can be used.
    I've even digitised my vinyl replay on the fly a to d straight from my project stage.
    I'm very digi orientated lol
    A digital wizard ay!

I'm using an older version of Jriver as I got it for free.

I'm told if you buy a new version of it, you get 12 serial numbers for it. I might see if anyone wants too group buy.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Great point Jim. I spent around £300 getting the Boss to its level and for a few extra quid (whilst on preorder) the PecanPi is a step ahead. Just need to get that channel balance and noise sorted, whatever the reason for it is, and it's a great product.
    Needs to sort that power cable socket being right next to the line input too. That's not good.

Great review BTW
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Peter.

Oliver,

I haven't got a downer on JRIVER I think it quite decent.

However, the Roon endpoint connection analogy for a particular bit of kit is an end game answer.

No noise... Just music tailored to a particular bit of kit.

If you want to try the Katana, you are most welcome but it does require two linear power supplies which I could include, and a structured power on regime.

How this would fair via Jriver is unknown., but I sure know it works via Roon.

My kit is all Pathos InPower Mono's, / Incontrol pre so not much difference to your Krell ksa 100

Getting it all to you is another matter.

Anyway.... Food for thought!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Well you get to Install it 10/12 times a year. You can install on more than 1 pc too although they should be yours.
    Price wise it's not so expensive as the likes of AV.
    And even cheaper if you upgrade from an older version.. One for future. Think 25 cost me 17 quid
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Good review Oli.

I’d certainly be interested in a Katana v Pecan review using Tidal streaming as the source ( independent of process/program used to create the digital source. )

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Oliver,

I haven't got a downer on JRIVER I think it quite decent.

However, the Roon endpoint connection analogy for a particular bit of kit is an end game answer.

No noise... Just music tailored to a particular bit of kit.

If you want to try the Katana, you are most welcome but it does require two linear power supplies which I could include, and a structured power on regime.

How this would fair via Jriver is unknown., but I sure know it works via Roon.

My kit is all Pathos InPower Mono's, / Incontrol pre so not much difference to your Krell ksa 100

Getting it all to you is another matter.

Anyway.... Food for thought!!!

Cool, I have two LPSUS so that wouldn't be a problem.

Royal mail could take care of in-between!

Drop me a pm if you're up for the Katana being here for a week. No more, as I wouldn't want to deprive you.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Good review Oli.

I’d certainly be interested in a Katana v Pecan review using Tidal streaming as the source ( independent of process/program used to create the digital source. )

Could be done!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Could be done!
    Would certainly be interested in this one.

Remove the variables of ripping source, and also remove the USB transport issues by using Tidal HiFi source via ethernet and you should have a reasonably objective review (at least as far as the resultant sound characteristics of the two DACs in the same system are concerned).

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Would certainly be interested in this one.

Remove the variables of ripping source, and also remove the USB transport issues by using Tidal HiFi source via ethernet and you should have a reasonably objective review (at least as far as the resultant sound characteristics of the two DACs in the same system are concerned).

Yes, I'd be happy to do so but if both units are using the same source, they both have the same stream to deal with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast