+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: The Beatles (White Album) 50th Anniversary Release

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    sure its not to everyone's liking; nothing is, lets face it.
    I personally think its very good, and certainly as good as the Pepper remaster that came out recently. The Demo's are even better imo..
    If Alex thinks it stinks then that's his right. No point in arguing about it.
    No probs just debating. Also, Alex did not just say it stinks but did some rather long posts as to why, which I replied too.

I think it sounds fantastic and simply adding a few facts as to why, otherwise we don't have a white album thread.
    Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie; 01-12-2018 at 18:39.

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    George Martin walked out to enjoy his vacation in September. But he was back in October 1968 to finish up the job, and is the producer of the White Album.
    George Martin had very little input into the White Album and was a producer for the most part in name only.
    Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie; 01-12-2018 at 19:01.

I'm Geoff.

Copyrights come with a shelf life.
    So when did Macca die?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    So when did Macca die?
    Sony have the copyright although Paul did start a litigation and came "to a settlement" with Sony.. think the rights to most of their stuff is copy protected for 70 years now. there early stuff isnt in europe... pre jan/63 is free i think
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Sony have the copyright although Paul did start a litigation and came "to a settlement" with Sony.. think the rights to most of their stuff is copy protected for 70 years now. there early stuff isnt in europe... pre jan/63 is free i think
    The current UK law protects copyright for 70 years after publication or the death of the performer.

I'm Grant.

The current UK law protects copyright for 70 years after publication or the death of the performer.
    yeah, though it was now 70. McCartney had to do a lawsuit at time after Jackson died to try and get them back due to a US law I think that had time constraints. Sony paid 750 mil for jacksons 50%. shows how much these things are worth.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

yeah, though it was now 70. McCartney had to do a lawsuit at time after Jackson died to try and get them back due to a US law I think that had time constraints. Sony paid 750 mil for jacksons 50%. shows how much these things are worth.
    Agreed, but the original suggestion that the album be "nationalised" is just bonkers. Having said that, we should re-nationalise rail, the postal service and public utilities. I don't care about the remix, just stop them being vehicles for private profit!

I'm Alex.

So when did Macca die?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie View Post
    George Martin had very little input into the White Album and was a producer for the most part in name only.
    I didn't know that. I knew that he had little to do with "Let It Be", but I thought White Album was still under his jurisdiction. I am aware that he was disappointed that the boys have abandoned the recording approach they perfected in 1967, but at the same time he was aware that the Beatles were all about change, moving on, and never repeating themselves.

There are numerous photos of him in the studio with the Beatles during the White Album sessions. Was he there merely for shooting breeze?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm barry.

I didn't know that. I knew that he had little to do with "Let It Be", but I thought White Album was still under his jurisdiction. I am aware that he was disappointed that the boys have abandoned the recording approach they perfected in 1967, but at the same time he was aware that the Beatles were all about change, moving on, and never repeating themselves.

There are numerous photos of him in the studio with the Beatles during the White Album sessions. Was he there merely for shooting breeze?
    He was there but had from what I can gather rather more of a backseat as the band themselfes took more controle over the recordings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast