+ Reply to Thread
Page 886 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 3867868368768848858868878888969369861386 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,860 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    This is what REAL ice-cream looks like (love waffle cones, too):

Marco.

That ranks with that bloody awful spray can "cream" stuff in my opinion.

Amazing what is done with "dairy" products - I went to a cash and carry a few years ago (I think it was Macro) and they had great big slabs of "catering cheddar", when I looked at one of the labels it contained a high percentage of chalk

Also (while I'm on a rant), I used to really like Colston Basset Stilton until in an anti listeria frenzy, the use of unpasteurised milk was banned by some Stilton trade organisation. I could definitely taste the difference with the pasteurised version.

One company (to my knowledge) still makes Stilton the right way, but can't call it "Stilton"

https://www.finecheese.co.uk/stichel...SABEgIxuvD_BwE
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, Robin, starting with The Bluebird cafe!

You know what I mean though, would you entertain that 'Mr Whippy' shite, and can you also remember when ice-cream vans sold the same type of ice-cream, the likes of which is sold in the Bluebird?

It was put onto cones in 'balls', using a special tool, which you dipped into water, to stop the ice-cream from sticking. Now all the lazy bassas have to do is press a button, and out comes some swirly 'white diarrhoea'!!

Marco.
    As you know my mum is about 200 yards from the Bluebird cafe, I have enjoyed the good stuff from an early age.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post

I went to a cash and carry a few years ago (I think it was Macro) and they had great big slabs of "catering cheddar", when I looked at one of the labels it contained a high percentage of chalk
    Yup, i'm shopping there at least twice a week now (for myself and others) and some of the bulk catering stuff is unfit for anyone with functioning taste buds, but..
    they sell self raising & plain flour for £7.19 for 16KG's and 2 Gressingham poussins for £4.29, so it's not all bad.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Plus that bacon you buy from Makro, Jon, looks bloody good!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Anyway, as promised, some Cornish ice-cream, from Lidl [very nice quality], with a homemade fresh raspberry coulis:

Nice

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Chicken & vegetable pies

You on a diet - where's the rest of it, Roy-boy?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Today:

Beef and tomatoe stew on a bed of Moroccan-style cous-cous with almonds and pine kernals (but no raisins, thank you!), steamed brocolli, carrots and sugar-snap peas.

Fresh apricots with a good splash of apricot brandy, for dessert.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yesterday:

Half an avocado with home-made vinaigrette, then

Oven-baked gammon joint with baked potato, baby beetroot, carrots and green beans. Home made english mustard on the side.

2016 Château Dasvin-Bel-Air

Fresh strawberries and cream to follow.
    Barry

Like it, Barry - plus also how you always make sure you get your greens!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread