+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I LOVE my job!

I'm Ralph.

Hello guys.

Just a thought, would you need a CRB check to do wedding photos given that kiddies will be present and likely photograghed? In a world where parents are prevented from snapping their own kids at a school play (just in case! just in case of what?? FFS) and a DJ aquaintance of mine has felt the need to get his own CRB check and produce business cards saying so, just to carry on doing weddings and other family functions, you can bet it's not far off.
    Sad thing is there is no evidence that children are any more at risk these days than they ever have been and equally no evidence that despite the current checks, or the proposed wider rules, that they are any safer either. The world gets sadder by the day.

Regards

I'm Confused.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by REM View Post
    Hello guys.

Just a thought, would you need a CRB check to do wedding photos given that kiddies will be present and likely photograghed?
    Hope not or Hamish may be in trouble, the ready way he hands out bits of his private anatomy to others to hold whilst he is otherwise occupied Hamish, I would delete the relevant post from this forum just in case some politically correct 'jobsworth' finds it whilst they are reviewing your application for a CRB check. Seriously though, what is the world coming to??
    Sad thing is there is no evidence that children are any more at risk these days than they ever have been and equally no evidence that despite the current checks, or the proposed wider rules, that they are any safer either. The world gets sadder by the day.
    Sad but true, but it keeps lawyers, politicians (often the same people - coincidence?) and the growing rabble of PC 'do-gooders' busy!
    Regards
    My two penn'orth, anyway!
    Cheers,
    Grumpy of Sheffield.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

You will probably have to pay £64 and be on the Independent Safeguarding Authority register which will exclude anyone who has ever simply been accused of anything. This is a charter for allowing malicious accusations to very easily damage careers of the completely innocent.

Oh, if you work around kids and are not on the register you will face being fined up to 5 grand.

Our glorious Labour government!

I'm David.

Currently ,and i stress the word 'crurrently', as a photographer who shoots a range of subjects, i dont need to be registerd. if i was specifically a school photo or child photographer i would need to be registered! because i dont do either of those things i am fine. i can take photos of childeren at weddings because, childeren go to weddings. i could even take a job doing a residential childerens party, as it is at the discresion of the parents! of course the parents would prob want me to be checked, as the government would have you belive anyone with a camera is likely a terorist! did you know, i can be held in custody for 28days (is it 28 now i cant remember) under the terorism act for taking a photo of a police station, as they could 'justifyably' asume i was a terrorist planning to bomb it!... who needs the magna carta eh? i just feel sorry for any asian photographers - can you imagine the greif they must get?! "ruck sack, turban, pointing a camera at a government building.... wheres my rifle"

as for the labour government... well they are driven by hype, the media, and what gets votes! NOT, unfortunatly, there suposed left wing views... although i cant think of anyone in the labour government who apears to be left wing ... hilary ben.. maybe? probably not.....
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

They are no longer driven by the desire to win votes but to strip away checks and balances and basic freedoms. Security is always placed above liberty for this serves to justify mission creep towards authoritarianism and exerting limitless control over a fearful populace.

They have also learnt how to manipulate the mainstream press who were traditionally always against them, certainly under previous Labour governments.

This government is about gaining, keeping, maintaining and consolidating power above all else.

The ISA is not independent and it is not about protecting children. It is about creating a climate of paranoia and fear. It is also about raising revenue for another self-justifying parasitic goverment body.

I'm David.

i think you are probably right on the money there!
    arnt we a (justifyably) cinical bunch
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Confused.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    They are no longer driven by the desire to win votes .
    Nor should they be IMHO. They are elected to do what's in the best interests of the electorate, irrespective of whether they voted for them or not, in other words for the country as a whole and not in the interests of those with power, influence and largely undeserved wealth, which appears to be the case now and has been for many years.
    On a slightly different note, the Three Line Whip is the enemy of real democracy in that it facilitates dictatorship within a so called democracy. MPs are elected to reflect the views of their electorate and not those of a meglomaniac party leader - where's the democracy in that?
    Cheers,
    Grumpy of Sheffield
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

They are elected to do what's in the best interests of the electorate, irrespective of whether they voted for them or not,
    They certainly don't act in the interests of the electorate. They used to act in the interests of working class people. Now they don't even do that. The pecking order is as follows:

1) The Party
    2) The Party
    3) The Party
    4) Importing future Labour Voters, i.e, the Party
    5) Basket cases who are dependent on the state for their very existance who will show loyalty to the Party.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs down

Boo... Politics - what a boring load of old pee-paw

It's about as interesting as examining the skidmarks on Steve's underpants after 'passing' a particularly sloppy jobby!

Get a life, people, and let's get back to photography

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Marco, there are plenty of other threads for you to participate in. If the topic does not interest you, just say nothing.

It's that simple.

The rant is relevant to photography in highlighting the full extent of government meddling in our lives, including photography.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast