+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Car and Bike Chat

I'm Steve.

On the M6 coming back from Stoke I found myself idly wondering if there are any new cars which could become classics in the future. Couldn't think of any. I mean, there are enthusiasts' clubs for pretty much everything made in the 50s 60s and 70s, Triumph Heralds, Cortinas, Minis, even BL offerings like Morris Marinas and Ausin Allegros, which were always crap even back then.

Can't see anyone getting nostalgic about a Qashqai or a Kia Sportage.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

You're right. Although in the far future maybe any surviving ICE car will be a collector's item?

Can see the original Tesla becoming collectable. Also the Toyota Prius.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    On the M6 coming back from Stoke I found myself idly wondering if there are any new cars which could become classics in the future. Couldn't think of any. I mean, there are enthusiasts' clubs for pretty much everything made in the 50s 60s and 70s, Triumph Heralds, Cortinas, Minis, even BL offerings like Morris Marinas and Ausin Allegros, which were always crap even back then.

Can't see anyone getting nostalgic about a Qashqai or a Kia Sportage.
    The high end sports cars, also things like the Yaris GR, GT-R, Audi R8, BMW Z4, Intégra Type R, Ford Puma(?), Elise, RX8, C63 AMG, Focus and Fiesta ST, Renault CUP/RS models.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

you'd be surprised what may constitute a classic in future years. the lowly kona has a lot of followers;; battery and the 'R' ice both. it just takes someone to start a club and hey presto it can become a classic.
    i mean the allegro was a classic piece of shit to me but some seem to love them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    the allegro was a classic piece of shit to me but some seem to love them
    I've seen that said a few times. I liked the Allegro myself, I found it reliable, economical and dead easy to maintain, not particularly prone to rust either. The 1100 that I had was better handling more comfortable and nippier than the BMW 316 that had preceded it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    On the M6 coming back from Stoke I found myself idly wondering if there are any new cars which could become classics in the future. Couldn't think of any.
    Modern cars are the equivalent of 'white goods' and I doubt there are many Classic modern washing machines or vacuum cleaners.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Modern cars are the equivalent of 'white goods' and I doubt there are many Classic modern washing machines or vacuum cleaners.
    im betting my kona is a better motor than an allegro lol. mind you it wouldn't be hard....
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    you'd be surprised what may constitute a classic in future years. the lowly kona has a lot of followers;; battery and the 'R' ice both. it just takes someone to start a club and hey presto it can become a classic.
    i mean the allegro was a classic piece of shit to me but some seem to love them
    But that radiator grille made it look like a baby Rolls Royce. And if you were prepared to throw good money after bad you could get a car that talked to you. Might have been an Austin Princess iirc.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You can get a Henry or Hetty hoover with a face on it. And you could make a beard for it from carpet fluff and glue. that would give it some character. Especially if it was a Hetty.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

the coop had a big daimler limo.. was a cracker of a motor and mostly used for weddings and funerals. had a shot of it just befor it got retired. it was a lump; thats best i can say about it really. nice to sit in and be driven about tho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast