+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 'The Wand' unipivot tonearm: could it be the next budget 'giantkiller'?

I'm Deleted.

I had a look at The Wand at the recent Whittlebury show and I must say I was rather taken with it - a very interesting piece of design (the finish looked good too).
    Account Deleted

I'm mark.

Default picture?

I didn't take a pic underneath, I believe this version is a single wire, cart to phono, but I'll stand correction, Dave?

ww.flickr.com/photos/49381909@N08/8022868838/

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Thank you !
    Are there pictures of ? Would like to see the cables to the phono stage.

Gr Johan
    Hi,
    Still un-loading my van but will take some photos soon for you all. The plus version has quite a few improvements over the standard one as already hinted at, the cue lift being the obvious one. There are options provided by me such as pure silver wiring throughout, you can have the wires terminated straight to pure silver eichmanns, wbt's or whatever takes your fancy, eichmann's are my choice.

New on the plus version is the facility to wire the arm loom into an RCA device undernetah the armbase thus allowing you to use a standard pair of RCA cables to connect to your phono stage or SUT.

More to follow, and yes it sounds exceptional for the money, I would have gladly paid £1500-£2000 for it and as it stands it only costs £695 in + version with Cardas wire.

Forgot to mention the 12" version will be available from Dominic, I will sell the 9" version.

I'm David.

Just taken some rather quick photos with my HTC of the plus version for anyone interested.

It is useful to point out the original wand reviewed by Adam for World and Neville for Choice is available direct from New Zealand for £400 roughly landed, a plus version is available from myself in 9" and Dominic in 12" (12" ready soon, 9" ready now). The plus version will be sold via a dealer network in the UK so no import duty etc and there have been major improvements and it does sound better because of them. Armboards for all TT's are sold with it.

Apologies for quality of photos but I am busy getting orders out!

I'm Johan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Still un-loading my van but will take some photos soon for you all.
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    New on the plus version is the facility to wire the arm loom into an RCA device undernetah the armbase thus allowing you to use a standard pair of RCA cables to connect to your phono stage or SUT.
    'm curious about this too.

Gr Johan

I'm Johan.

You were faster than me........

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    You were faster than me........
    When I get back from the post office I will photo the RCA mechanism that fits underneath the arm board

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Wot, no Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs??

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Wot, no Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs??

Marco.
    Chief,
    Simon who builds The Wand sent me the + parts just before the show and in an ideal world I could have put some bullets on but no one would have seen them anyway as when the TT was playing you cannot see the cables or connectors and TBH I had all my stock to pack besides getting all posters printed and packed (including the excellent TT winner in our get yer TT out for the lads which took pride of place on my stand) so it was impossible to sort it before setting off and then spending 6 hours putting the stand up etc etc.

The Wand + will have eichmann's on as standard, copper ones with cardas wire or silver ones with silver wire to suit customer requirements, or no RCA's at all, cable terminated into a specially made RCA block which sits underneath the armboard to allow customers to use their own interconnects.

Sorted.

I'm Johan.

With my best English .....
    If you mount the Wand tonearm on a Technics SL1200 with adapted armboard.
    What with the adjustment ,is with the tonearm a protractor included?

Gr Johan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast