+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 510 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 5095

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Brewdog Elvis Juice? What the fook is that when it's at home??

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Julian.

Waitrose have a Romanian Pinot Noir for £5.99 - it's absolutely delicious & superb value at this price.
    Lovely soft texture. Better than many entry-level New Zealand pinots ... I will be buying more for sure!

Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Brewdog Elvis Juice? What the fook is that when it's at home??

Marco.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

And we're still none the wiser.....!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by stupinder View Post
    Currently reverted to being a lager lout -kronenbourg - as the giving up drinking didn't seem to be working. Just no wine now!
    Previously i was mostly drinking Italian Rose at 1.75€ plus tva for 2 Litres.
    Pretty much any decent bordeaux from 1995 or 2000 should be good for special occasions - my faves -Pomerol, Lallande de Pomerol amd Fronsac.
    For a good white try Chateau haut Smith -no really - it's the chateau that oz clark? and that geezer off topgeer stopped at in france and did the Spa thingy.
    Dunno what you'll pay in the UK tho'.
    Ha!...lager and pink champagne was the order of the day at the hifi show Cranage Hall....nice to meet you and your lass Stuart...it was a great day out...Big Al...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Julian.

Started clearing out our garage today for the first time and managed to find 6 bottles of very good quality 2009 Bordeaux that I had forgotten about for many years.

What a result - I know what I'm drinking with the footy tonight!!
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

Currently enjoying a rather lovely Glengoyne 18, which I bought direct from the distillery, during a recent trip to Scotland:

What a lovely drop this is. So smooth and rich, no hint of harshness, or that smoky/peaty quality I'm not a big fan of. Sherry casks rule!

Some pics from the actual day:

The best bit:

Sampling some GORGEOUS hand-made chocolates with various whiskies! That was a lovely day

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Started clearing out our garage today for the first time and managed to find 6 bottles of very good quality 2009 Bordeaux that I had forgotten about for many years.

What a result - I know what I'm drinking with the footy tonight!!
    LOL I did the same, save it was a single bottle of a 2007 Château Capbern Gasqueton, Saint-Estèphe. This was the last of a case I bought back in 2009, which I thought I had drunk up. Goodness knows how it got away - but not anymore; though it did need drinking up.
    Last edited by Barry; 20-07-2018 at 21:35. Reason: error
    Barry

Nah, clarets like that can keep for years. I doubt it'd have been at its peak yet!

What do you think of my pics above of the Glengoyne distillery - have you sampled their 18-year old single malt? It's quite something

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Looks good Marco.

I've been without a bottle of whisky for well over a year now. Must do something about it soon!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread