+ Reply to Thread
Page 1070 of 1477 FirstFirst ... 705709701020106010681069107010711072108011201170 ... LastLast
Results 10,691 to 10,700 of 14762

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Air crisping in the ninja foodi.

Nice looking dinner today Marco, Michelin star stuff!
    Agreed, but a big minus for the sprouts. Can't stand them!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Agreed, but a big minus for the sprouts. Can't stand them!
    I find them a bit like food Russian roulette, some taste ok but then about every fifth one tastes like an old mouldy dishcloth.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - thanks guys! BBs always divide opinion, but these were fresh 'on the stem' from a farm shop, so about as good as they get, and properly cooked, so tasted great

That won't matter a jot though, if you can't stand sprouts!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Fresh off the stem usually taste more intense.

Best not cooked properly IMHO. Boil them for ages to wash the ferkin' taste out the fookers

I'm Tony.

Brown the meat....

Cook the soffritto....

Reduce the stock...

Cook the rice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Great stuff, Tony. Sunshine on a plate, on an otherwise grey winter's day!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Fresh off the stem usually taste more intense.
    Yes - just like..............SPROUTS!

On the stem actually taste sweeter and less like 'bitter cabbage', plus if you add some nutmeg, smother them in good quality butter, then apply some freshly ground pepper, the flavour is further enhanced (or diluted) depending on your viewpoint!

Best not cooked properly IMHO. Boil them for ages to wash the ferkin' taste out the fookers
    Lol - only problem is that the ensuing soft-sick like consistency, is worse than the taste you're trying to 'wash out'! School dinners, revisited...

In all seriousness though, one of the things I hate about British food (done badly) is the propensity for folk [present company excepted] to boil veg to buggery!! It not only destroys the colour and texture, reducing it to a bland mushy pulp, but almost completely strips it of nutrients!

The best way to cook veg (especially sprouts) is to steam them, pop them into iced water, to preserve their colour and texture, then gently reheat and serve 'al dente', with a nice knob of butter

Good food should ALWAYS primarily be about MAXIMISING FLAVOUR! Plus, tantilising the eyes, as well as the taste buds.

Marco [waging the war against bland food and stodge].
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In all seriousness though, one of the things I hate most about British food (done badly) is the propensity for folk [present company excepted] to boil veg to buggery!! It not only destroys the colour and texture, reducing it to a bland mushy pulp, but almost completely strips it of nutrients!
    Mum cooked her veg like that, usually cabbage, I used to drink some of the water it was cooked in with a little white pepper and mint sauce if we'd had lamb.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Marco [waging the war against bland food and stodge].
    Whoa, hang on a minute. I’m absolutely with you on bland food and overcooked veg but don’t you dare start dissing our beautiful British stodge!

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Lol - I know Roy, and sadly your lovely mum was far from on her own. 'Farty smelling' boiled-to-buggery cabbage... UGH!!

Apparently, grossly overcooking veg is a habit left over from war times... Although, interestingly, speaking woth anyone, say French or Italian, of a similar 'vintage', they'll tell you that their veg-eating habits of the day weren't similarly tainted

Good idea, if you can handle it, to drink the 'liquor' that the veg was boiled in, as that's where all the nutrients will have gone!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread