+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Audio / HiFi goals for 2019 ?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Roy, I too have a Nag MP 110, and know that my system deserves(?) better, but am quite pleased with how good it sounds at the moment, that I can hardly really care about moving up that ladder. I am sure I will in given time, but it satisfies for now!
    Yes Timothy, really a case of 'if it ain't broke..'

I'm Adam.

Sell more stuff.

Buy less!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Phil.

yes try to buy less and pay more off the mortgage !!! especially if labour get in or brexit goes bad !!!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm gone.

I'm not feeling the need for major changes atm, very happy and a bit wary of change just for the sake of it. -- yes, this really is me.

Very conscious that I nearly made a major boo-boo when I 'upgraded' the valves in my Herron pre. ... I nearly sold it before realising that the pre's magic was dependent on the stock EH valves. I might try some gold pin EH in 2019.

A couple of bits are on the way from China - a linear PSU for my W4S reclocker, and a grounding box as I have been intrigued by the very positive comments on these devices by a couple of folks.

Might also invest in the top of the range W&M speaker cables as I really like the cheaper ones already in my system.

Perhaps 2019 will be a year of consolidation, making the best of a system that already hits the spot.

I'm Mike.

I want to downsize to the simplest, reasonable quality system that I can build / afford.

So, that will likely be Technics SP-10, Doge 6 CDP, Nak BX300E, fooed up Chinese DAC, into Marantz PM-4, into my Kralk TDB-2 speakers.

My Remtek phono and N.E.W. A60 Power Amp will be moved on but I'll prolly keep the TVC pre.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm joe.

Hifi-wise: keep most of what I've got and sell off/give away a few surplus bits and bobs.

Non-hifi-wise: the TV's just packed in, so we'll need to get a new one. It took us two years to decide on a new sofa, so I'm thinking this won't be a quick or easy purchase.

I'm Neil.

No plans as such, but if I see a Sansui TUX1 I would be tempted if the price isn't crazy, which more than likely it will be.

Wood plinth for my 401 to try, and that's about it.

To the unknown stuff, I look forward to it coming along.
    Regards Neil

I'm julian.

Planning on moving my hi-fi into a dedicated room, will run a dedicated 10mm supply, and be able to use room treatment properly (already got some 2 metre high .8 metre wide corner acoustic panels for it).
    Optimising everything, then possibly balanced mains, curious about grounding box - that seems to be a can of worms on here. Maybe have time for a four way active speaker build.

I'm Dave.

My goal is to move on some more of the vintage gear I still have - too much to mention.

I'm joe.

I dunno. Maybe get a streamer. Sell some surplus stuff (an item that's been on my 'to do' list for several years).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast