+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fooked potentiometer

I'm Mike.

Default Fooked potentiometer

Per title, on me Sugden a21a, bought off some person from PFM. The volume pot is catching, who can I send this to apart from Sugden themselves? I heard they're overstretched atm.
    Last edited by struth; 29-11-2022 at 17:12. Reason: name removed

I'm openingabottleofwine.

In what way is it "fooked"?
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Often happens in the post if not packed well or dropped badly. Probably a bent pot shaft. How long ago did you buy it?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Often happens in the post if not packed well or dropped badly. Probably a bent pot shaft. How long ago did you buy it?
    I've had it about 6 monthss, it's onky recently started acting up. Just feels like its catching.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    In what way is it "fooked"?
    is resistant to being turned past quarter to.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agree, probably a bent shaft.

BTW, you quote the seller's name - have you contacted him regarding the problem? Since he is not a member here, he is unable to defend himself. (At least you have had the good grace to remove the offensive epithet.)
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    is resistant to being turned past quarter to.
    Firebottle might be able to help, volume pots are an easy replacement. It'll no doubt be an Alps blue.

Hope you get it sorted, they look good amps, and I did think about trying one in the past.

Edit: I've just googled Sugden volume pots and faulty ones seem to be very common, but that's across the whole range of their amps not just the 21a.

I'm Edward.

If that Suggie was mine (which it is not) I would open her up, have a look for anything bent (likely not as it was fine for at least 6 months), spray some deox into the pot and give it a turn a few times. Likely will be fine. YMMV of course.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Mike.

Thanks all, what's deox? Is there an alternaive? Personally i think it needs a service, it might be sounding a bit rough, not sure.

I'm Lawrence.

Deoxit spray most pots have a little hole you can spray a tiny amount in then turn it like 20 or more times to work it through.

If it's a sealed pot you can still take the knob off and point the tube attachment at the gap between the pot shaft and the outer ring. But don't use much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast