+ Reply to Thread
Page 1335 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 33583512351285132513331334133513361337134513851435 ... LastLast
Results 13,341 to 13,350 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Ugh - I hate bread and butter pudding!
    Barry

Tonight: more pumpkin and vegerable soup, followed by oven-baked salmon, boiled potatoes, steamed green beans, sugar snap peas, brocolli and red pepper. Sauce Hollandaise and tartare sauce on the side.

Pudding was the rest of the apple and sticky-toffee crumble.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Fettuccine Alfredo
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Using up some leftover ingredients for tonight's meal.

Homemade pumpkin, onion and carrot soup:

(Not particularly photogenic, but it did taste good.)

Baked potato, with braised beef, onion and garlic. Steamed carrots, broccoli, with red and green pepper and onion.

A couple of oranges for dessert.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Stuffed a chicken again, much faster to debone this time, I can see this being a thing. Breadcrumbs, onions - fried this time along with garlic, rosemary and a few bacon lardons I had leftover, egg to bind. Very nice. 45 min cook was perfect.

[/url]20220126_225118 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/145505522@N02/]
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Using up some leftover ingredients for tonight's meal.

Homemade pumpkin, onion and carrot soup:

(Not particularly photogenic, but it did taste good.)
    The bowl being the same colour as the soup makes it look invisible.

Your dinners always look nice and healthy.

I'm Grant.

All look good guys
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    The bowl being the same colour as the soup makes it look invisible.
    That might have something to do with it. Actually I'm very fond of the soup bowls: they are made of stone clay, commissioned and made for me by a collegue at work who was an amateur potter in his spare time. He even built his own kiln.

Sadly he is no longer with us, so the bowls have great sentimental value. I ought to mention he also made a flower vase, a table lamp and a fruit bowl for me.
    Last edited by Barry; 27-01-2022 at 21:59. Reason: spelling!
    Barry

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Stuffed a chicken again, much faster to debone this time, I can see this being a thing. Breadcrumbs, onions - fried this time along with garlic, rosemary and a few bacon lardons I had leftover, egg to bind. Very nice. 45 min cook was perfect.

[/url]20220126_225118 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/145505522@N02/]
    looking really good - envious of your skills there
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm sorted.

Mincemeat curry

+ Reply to Thread