+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 510 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I've done quite a bit of whisky experimenting inspired by this thread over the past few months. I've discovered I really don't like the peaty/medicinal tastes which the Islays I've tried seem to have. Much more of a Speyside man I think, sherry or port cask finished. To be fair the "Gentleman Jack" wife bought for valentines has been one of my favourites. Haven't had Bushmills Irish whiskey in over 30 years but have ordered one as it was a favourite back in the day. Currently sipping a Glen Moray "Elgin Classic" port cask finish which is very nice.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andre.

My last Whisky Experiment i recall ended up in near death

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

My stag night to wife #1 - ex-father in law plied me with whisky and I reckon I drank more than a bottle. Never been so ill in my life, spent the whole next day puking and feeling like death warmed up. Worst hangover I've ever had. Tried whisky a few times over the next 25 years and couldn't stomach it, but late last year I seem to have recovered! Just a "wee dram" as they say, and appreciating some of the single malts. (Although I'm also really liking a Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Blended which was reasonably priced.)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andre.

Its dangerous shit. I polished off two pints of it in less than an hour is a foolish game. Was an Hospital job.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Its dangerous shit. I polished off two pints of it in less than an hour is a foolish game. Was an Hospital job.
    To be fair, any spirit in two pint quantities would do that!
    Alex

I'm Grant.

Treat spirits with care. Its powerful stuff and in sufficient quantities a poison.
    A couple every second night is my max now, and that isn't by any means regular. I can easily do without ev en tho I've drank it all life.
    Your not supposed to be getting pissed, your supposed to be savouring it, and enjoying its medicinal quality
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Yeh well i used to drink to get pissed, the quicker the better, But thats all behind me, heading for two years without drink now..

I'm Grant.

Tonight it's a Tyrconnell Irish port finished 10yr old malt.

Rather good this stuff..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Tonight it's a Tyrconnell Irish port finished 10yr old malt.

Rather good this stuff..
    Just having one meself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Adam.

Right, we’ve weeded, cleaned the windows, dug out some evil brambles and been for a 4 mile walk.

Pina Colada time!

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread