+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 512 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 5113

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Will get better ones up later
    Have you tried the Lidl wines yet? I have almost always been disappointed with Lidl/Aldi wines, so a recommendation would be useful. I bought a Nero D'Avola/Syrah (I think) recently and it gave me a headache!
    ABD.

I'm Grant.

going to try the barrou tonight..
    ps Marco it was £5.29 a bottle.

some of their wines are very good but i guess some will be nasty as in every place. will leave a review
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

I have been loving the Trivento Reserve Malbec recently: https://www.ocado.com/webshop/produc...albec/80004011
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I have been loving the Trivento Reserve Malbec recently: https://www.ocado.com/webshop/produc...albec/80004011
    Saw that in asda on line and was going to get some as it was reduced to £6 a bottle with free delivery.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

some of their wines are very good but i guess some will be nasty as in every place. will leave a review
    Ok am having a glass with my dinner...bangers n mash with a glass of wine ..I know, so cool this 2012 reserve vintage is a mix of Shiraz/Syrah · Grenache Noir · & Carignane grape styles, and I can, even after 1/2 a glass, that I like it. in fact I could easily drink the bottle in a oner..A spicy fragrance of herbs on the palate with an impressive fruitiness, reminiscent of cherries and plums. The finale, with a hint of cocoa is simply adorable. At £5 a bottle its an excellent wine, and more reminiscent of a wine twice the price.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ok am having a glass with my dinner...bangers n mash with a glass of wine ..I know, so cool this 2012 reserve vintage is a mix of Shiraz/Syrah · Grenache Noir · & Carignane grape styles, and I can, even after 1/2 a glass, that I like it. in fact I could easily drink the bottle in a oner..A spicy fragrance of herbs on the palate with an impressive fruitiness, reminiscent of cherries and plums. The finale, with a hint of cocoa is simply adorable. At £5 a bottle its an excellent wine, and more reminiscent of a wine twice the price.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Richard.

Will get better ones up later
    Just been to my local Lidl. They don't have either!
    ABD.

I'm Grant.

I was done mine yesterday and got another Barrou. it was in the wooden cases they use at bottom. nearly missed it..its really nice. maybe sold out at your store...not so many wine drinkers here...more bucky country
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Was out for dinner tonight as it was "theBoy's" birthday..had a very nice lasagne. so now home and having a wine to send it to bed found this in the cupboard the other day; been there for a few years and has aged well... very smooth now.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

I'm on this one tonight.

If you are all drinking something from here, I'll drink something from there.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread