+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 510 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Hi Barry

Yes 6.6 and I'm afraid i can't remember to be honest trouble is i also had some weak stuff called Blitzen @ a mere 6% , which i didn't care for .

All my drinking buddies were on the Beast and Allan was in a shocking state and just suddenly disappeared ! poor bugger he was ok next day though .

Never again
    I love those strong bitters Chris but i consume too much beer in a night it's not a good thing. I've started drinking my old drink again down the pub 'MAGNET'
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 21-03-2011 at 00:54.

I'm Mark.

Ogio Primitivo 2009

A picture:

-

On Saturday we attended a blind wine tasting and this was our favourite wine.

When tasting blind most people thought this was a very good Reserva Rioja, we where all wrong It's from Italy.

Imagine your favourite Reserva Rioja with a bit of Borello goodness thrown in

Tesco appears to be the UK retailer:
    http://www.tesco.com/wine/product/de...o&id=262489849

A review here on a blog ( with stretched pictures? )
    http://winehosguide.wordpress.com/20...rimitivo-2009/

Well recommended Don't let the plain looking label put you off.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    Ogio Primitivo 2009

A picture:

-

On Saturday we attended a blind wine tasting and this was our favourite wine.

When tasting blind most people thought this was a very good Reserva Rioja, we where all wrong It's from Italy.

Imagine your favourite Reserva Rioja with a bit of Borello goodness thrown in

Tesco appears to be the UK retailer:
    http://www.tesco.com/wine/product/de...o&id=262489849

A review here on a blog ( with stretched pictures? )
    http://winehosguide.wordpress.com/20...rimitivo-2009/

Well recommended Don't let the plain looking label put you off.
    It is fairly regularly on 1/2 price offers in Tesco's supermarkets, Mark - well worth getting at a fiver! I'm a Rioja lover, and agree that this has some of the traits of good Rioja.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Ogio Pinot Grigio is my favourite white. Failing that, Dino is another good Pinot Grigio.

Both of these are around £9 a bottle, but are often subject to a half price offer in Tesco.
    Barry

I'm Doug.

OK, to hold up for East Anglia, Adnam's bitter is a good beer to drink with a meal, or without a meal. Best pint I ever had was at the Nelson in Southwold, but it's good most places in Norfolk and Suffolk. Woodforde's Wherry is also good.

I used to live on Fuller's ESB in the 70s and 80s when I lived in London. Back in the summer day, we used to go to the Dove at Chiswick, take a glass and drink it as we wandered along the river to the next pub, where we got the next. A proper pub crawl. And then there was the Coronet Bar in Soho, later a vegetarian restaurant, which had a cellar bar full of barrels of real ale. Where I learned to love Theakston's Old Peculier.

I love red wine almost indiscriminately, but not allowed it these days. Or the beer really.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by darucla View Post
    OK, to hold up for East Anglia, Adnam's bitter is a good beer to drink with a meal, or without a meal. Best pint I ever had was at the Nelson in Southwold, but it's good most places in Norfolk and Suffolk.
    Fond memories of Southwold and the Nelson. Adnams is a great brewery, hopefully won't go the same way as Tolly Cobbold, the empty brewery of which is but a stones-throw from where I am now (my house was built on the land where the Suffolk Punch dray horses used to live.)

Woodforde's Wherry is also good.
    More fond memorys - the Fur & Feathers at Woodbastwick (assume it is still going?) which was part of the Woodforde's business, on the same site. Not surprisingly, they used to do a fantastic Steak & Ale pie. That and a couple of pints (or four) of Headcracker and I was done in for the night!

I love red wine almost indiscriminately, but not allowed it these days. Or the beer really.
    Sorry to hear that - I guess you just have to cope if you get that sort of diagnosis - really not sure if I could!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

I used to live on Fuller's ESB in the 70s and 80s when I lived in London. Back in the summer day, we used to go to the Dove at Chiswick, take a glass and drink it as we wandered along the river to the next pub, where we got the next. A proper pub crawl.
    Blimey - The Dove!
    Port of call before & after every concert I've ever been to at what used to be called the Hammersmith Odeon - is that the same one?

I'm Nobody.

Only ever been to the Hammersmith Odeon once, i've noticed it has a name change now!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Only ever been to the Hammersmith Odeon once, i've noticed it has a name change now!
    Yup, was there 2 weeks ago, it's now the HMV Apollo, was the Hammersmith Apollo after the Odeon too. Folk still call it the Odeon though. Used to be the Gaumont Palace originally and has been called the Carling Apollo too .... I love the place, lot's of history on that stage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammersmith_Apollo
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Blimey - The Dove!
    Port of call before & after every concert I've ever been to at what used to be called the Hammersmith Odeon - is that the same one?
    Actually,
    I know the Odeon's change names several times, what I meant was: Is it the same pub?

+ Reply to Thread