+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Yer Turntables Out For The Lads 2020

I'm Nick.

Hmmm... maybe cos I'm on cheapo free account?

They spoiled my artistic efforts!

I'm Anto.

Phurtbucket uuurrgghhh. Money grabbers!!
    Nice TT
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaba View Post
    Thanks! Hey, what's with the Photobucket watermarks? They weren't there when I first uploaded those pics...?
    Do you pay for your Photobucket hosting? It's no longer free to use.

Try using another image hosting site.
    Barry

I'm David.

Thanks! Hey, what's with the Photobucket watermarks? They weren't there when I first uploaded those pics...?
    Photobucket are a pain in the rear, nice deck though.
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Alan.

Agree with Ali very nice Garrard 401 Nick
    Photobucket ---------*uck that binned it years ago
    Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Nick.

Lol well I was just following the AoS sticky about how to upload pics to this forum - still recommends Photobucket... maybe needs updating? thanks for the compliments btw!

I'm Gordon.

Lol well I was just following the AoS sticky about how to upload pics to this forum - still recommends Photobucket... maybe needs updating? thanks for the compliments btw!
    I would be interested to know why adding pictures requires the use of a 'third party' to post a picture at all? The forum software, which is virtually the same as many others, actually supports the facility to post pictures of a selected size, but it's not activated in AoS? (Only produces a thumnail).
    I use the 'attachments' icon in other forums that allow the posting of either a full size picture or a thumnail, but that method doesn't work in AoS.
    Any reason why pse?

Apologies, this looks like a bit of a hijack. My question should probably be located elsewhere? Mods pse relocate as fit, ta.
    Last edited by WullieD20; 21-09-2020 at 09:08.
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Gordon.

The grandaddy of the Michell turntables - 1070s Michell Hydraulic Reference with an acrylic platter and spindle extension. Michell originally built the Hydraulic Reference under licence from Transcriptors.

Michell refurbished the platter for me a few years ago - they did an outstanding job.

This is an export model I bought when I lived in the USA so the pods are different from most Hydraulic References - they are actually the same as the later Electronic Reference.

The Hydraulic Reference is also quite a movie star - a version was in A Clockwork Orange - some of you will know where "playing your fuzzy warbles" originated. And those pods turned up as C3PO's eyes in the original Star Wars trilogy, not to mention other Michell bits that were part of Bobba Fett's attire.

You might find this tour of the Michell factory interesting - http://https://theaudiophileman.com/michell-factory/

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    love a good picture me.

My vote for winner would be this FABULOUS creation....................
    It is an absolute beauty with a first class arm and its all his own work
    A real labour of love
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Sascha.

Hi,

I´m new to AOS, but here are some pics of my actual record players.....

DIY with some Micro Seiki parts, motor and arm from TW-acustic and an ortofon 12" AS-309S:

and a Sony TTS-3000 with Schick 12" arm

best regards
    Sascha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast