+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Dac?

I'm Jo.

Currently using a Beresford SEG with a Longdog Linear Supply, a Starting Point Systems DAC 3 [NOS TDA 1543], and an Audiolab M-DAC. The last, also the most expensive, is the one I prefer the least. Other models I've owned include the Beresford Caiman II, which I liked, an Arcam rDAC [a great DAC in some respects, but ruined by an overbearing bass], an HRT Microstreamer [excellent for portable duties with a laptop when away from home], and a Behringer UCA 2002 [unbelievable performance for £20].

I'm Jerry.

Currently using a Beresford Caiman 11 with a recently added on dorado power supply thanks to Stan and it sounds really good to me now particularly with the recent chip upgrade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Jerry

SYSTEM under construction

I'm Martin.

I have a Theta DS Pro on a system that performs very well.

I have been looking closely at the Gustard DAC X26 for streamed source Tidal/ ripped CDs etc.

I'm gone.

DAC de jour is a Benchmark DAC1 HDR - it's a very good remote controlled preamp as well.

I'm Dennis.

A good bit of design Jerry, my friend came down last month and we streamed from his MacBook into that unit and it is almost certainly the best sound I have heard.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    A good bit of design Jerry, my friend came down last month and we streamed from his MacBook into that unit and it is almost certainly the best sound I have heard.
    Thanks, Dennis.

The excellence of the sound came as a surprise to me as well.
    It wasn't the incremental improvement I had been hoping for, but a major step up.

It would seem that the Absolute Sound review was pretty much spot on - http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ifier-tas-204/
    “Super-clean, super-clear, super-quiet, super-transparent.”
    Yup, can't argue with that.
    Ken Rockwell measured pretty much technical perfection, too. https://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/be...k/dac1-hdr.htm

I'm Michael.

MICROMEGA Duo 2. It's the only one i've ever used to be honest so can't compare. Sounds good to me but am sure there's better out there.

I'm Mark.

BMC Audio DAC 1 PRE, much prefer this one to my previous Dac's (Bel Canto 3.5vII VB & Modwright Elyse), It just sounds right, hard to put it into words.

I'm Timothy.

I have been using a LinnenberG Telemann DAC from Germany for about a year now. Very nice, best DAC I have owned. It has seven digital filters that one can pick from, most very subtle at best. The unit also can be used as a DAC/preamp, as it also has a pair of RCAs that are configurable as analog input, as well as resistive ladder volume control. The DAC was designed as fully balanced/dual differential, so includes XLR I/O, and all the various digital inputs I would require. Along with my Innuos Zen Mk2, it just works and sounds fantastic. Very pleased.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Alvin.

Using the PS Audio Perfectwave DAC2 with Bridge 2 connected via Ethernet to my network. My Mac Mini is also connected via Ethernet to my network running Roon/Tidal/Qobuz. Sounds glorious! Also using a Cary 306/200 as a transport when spinning CDs.
    Enjoy the music!

Al

Anthem AVM 50V 3D Pre/Pro, Proceed Amp2, Proceed Amp3, Cary Audio 306/200 CD, Oppo Digital 203, Sony Panel, PS Audio PWD 2 w/Bridge 2, Mac Mini, Burson Conductor, Audeze LCD-2, Sonus faber Luito Floor-standers X 2, Sonus faber Luito Stand-Mount X 2, Son-us faber Smart CT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast