+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rega Brio (2017) synergy with Q Acoustics speakers ?

I'm steve.

Default Rega Brio (2017) synergy with Q Acoustics speakers ?

I’m considering a change of amp to the latest version of the Rega Brio and was wondering if any Brio users on the forum use it to drive Q Acoustics speakers and can comment on how well it works with them. I currently own both QA Concept 40s and 20s in my two setups, the idea will be to use the Brio with the Concept 20s for the first week or so to give it a thorough burn in and from that point it will drive the 40s. Current amp is a Cambridge CXA60.
    Any insight or comments would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Andre.

Hi Fellow Rotherham Person..

I actually listened to a pair of Q Acoustics a while back, i thought they were a steal for the outlay.

I'm Karl.

I had a brio running through the 3050s a few years back and they are a match made in heaven and punch well above their weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    I had a brio running through the 3050s a few years back and they are a match made in heaven and punch well above their weight.

That sounds promising, I had 3050s before my Concept 40s, liked them a lot but couldn’t give them enough space and there was a little too much bass for my taste, the Concept 40s give a better balance in my room.

I'm Andre.

I was even considering the baby '3010i' to go each side the TV i was that impressed. Q acoustics have gotta be the best value speakers on the market for sound & Build/Finish for such a small outlay.. I think i prefer to use the Tiny ones with the sub instead of big ones..

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    I was even considering the baby '3010i' to go each side the TV i was that impressed. Q acoustics have gotta be the best value speakers on the market for sound & Build/Finish for such a small outlay.. I think i prefer to use the Tiny ones with the sub instead of big ones..
    I had 2020i’s first which I picked up for just £79 from Richer Sounds, thought they were phenomenal for the money and prompted the purchase of the Concept 20s, at most price points QA make exceptional speakers and their finish is superb as you quite rightly say.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    I’m considering a change of amp to the latest version of the Rega Brio and was wondering if any Brio users on the forum use it to drive Q Acoustics speakers and can comment on how well it works with them. I currently own both QA Concept 40s and 20s in my two setups, the idea will be to use the Brio with the Concept 20s for the first week or so to give it a thorough burn in and from that point it will drive the 40s. Current amp is a Cambridge CXA60.
    Any insight or comments would be appreciated.

No problem with the Brio and Q Acoustics. It will drive the 40s before or after run in. No problem.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    That sounds promising, I had 3050s before my Concept 40s, liked them a lot but couldn’t give them enough space and there was a little too much bass for my taste, the Concept 40s give a better balance in my room.

Yeah I agree that the 50s need space and can get a bit lost in complex passages and become a bit fuzzy/boomy , but for 500 quid they are probably as good as it gets so cant knock em to much. I’d imagine the 40s are a more sophisticated speaker across the board so would do all of the things that the 50s couldn’t whilst keeping all of the Q qualities. I think you would be very happy with the brio. They too are much better value than the price suggests.

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Yeah I agree that the 50s need space and can get a bit lost in complex passages and become a bit fuzzy/boomy , but for 500 quid they are probably as good as it gets so cant knock em to much. I’d imagine the 40s are a more sophisticated speaker across the board so would do all of the things that the 50s couldn’t whilst keeping all of the Q qualities. I think you would be very happy with the brio. They too are much better value than the price suggests.

Didn’t really find the 3050s boomy or fuzzy just a little bass heavy, they were better balanced with the port bungs in but it stunted the dynamics. You’re quite correct the 40s are better across the board but at double the price, although like the 20s the price has dropped because they’ve been out so long, thing is the 20s and 40s are so good I doubt QA have any plans to discontinue them, the 20s have been out since early 2013. They’re both endgame speakers for my setups, I’m sure the Brio will get even better performance from them.

I'm Richard.

I have a Brio amp driving Q Acoustics 2010 in a secondary system (with an Apple iMac and Beresford Caiman 2 DAC)

I find them excellent value; easy to drive, smooth and articulate. Not at their best when the amp is set to a low volume, but more than adequate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast