+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 991 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194594 ... LastLast

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Not only that, the man's also senile.
    And probably the most dangerous person on the planet.

He won't be forgiven for shrugging off the Coronavirus threat when everyone else could see what was coming. Leaving his people woefully unprepared.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Start viewing Trump, as having a narcissistic personality disorder, and it should all fall into place. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcis...ality_disorder

If on the other hand you believe he does not, can you give any example where he has genuine empathy for others, noting where he honestly steps outside of using that opportunity of expressing empathy
    of turning it around and in the process promoting himself. ?

Narcissists generally have these traits:

Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
    Continually demeaning, bullying and belittling others
    Exploiting others to achieve personal gain
    Lack of empathy for the negative impact they have on the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
    Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
    Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
    Need for continual admiration from others
    Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
    Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Can you see that applying to Trump, and perhaps many others involved in promoting Trump ?
    Hmmm..a US president with all these traits, would have been shot..erm sorry I mean sacked by now....
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Hmmm..a US president with all these traits, would have been shot..erm sorry I mean sacked by now....
    Yes you would think so, to the latter, as impairment of personal function requires therapy - but narcissism is one of the hardest to treat as those impaired by it
    do not believe they have a mental health problem, deeply tied to the very reason they exhibit narcissistic tendencies.

The kindest thing in this case is for the voters to wake up to this, but recent events see manipulation of the voting electoral process. ( I wonder why ? )
    One can only hope intelligence returns there eventually.

I read here, possibility of the 25th amendment being invoked https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...t-donald-trump
    which calls for the orderly transfer of power when a president becomes temporarily or permanently incapacitated.
    Last edited by Light Dependant Resistor; 27-03-2020 at 23:44.

I'm Martin.

People forgetting that it was a choice between Trump and Hilary Clinton for President. I certainly wouldn't have voted for Clinton which only leaves one option.

The hysteria about Trump is almost as stupid as Trump himself.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

State Governers are bidding against each other for resources they need to save lives, ventilators, PPE etc.
    No centralised Federal Government help, they are on their own.
    Trump joked about only dealing with States that were “appreciative” to him.
    Mob Boss behaviour.

Madness, people are...dying.

I truly believe that Trump is a bullying psychopath, and is getting enjoyment from others suffering.
    It’s all about him.

He and this situation is what happens when good men sit back and do nothing.

He knew for many MONTHS this was coming, and ignored it.
    He cut funding for the CDC, and disbanded CDC Departments BASED IN CHINA specifically tasked with dealing with a crisis like this.

Its not just all on him, but his enablers that for whatever reason are sticking with him, doing whatever he says.
    Dangerous Days.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 28-03-2020 at 07:58.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    People forgetting that it was a choice between Trump and Hilary Clinton for President. I certainly wouldn't have voted for Clinton which only leaves one option.

The hysteria about Trump is almost as stupid as Trump himself.
    No hysteria here, but I do worry about his hair. Anyone who would be happy with that look needs watching closely. Let's hope the virus doesn't make it to the Oval Office, because that would be terrible.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Gary.

Even as a younger Guy he had the same haircut!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Martin.

If you're looking for someone to blame surely it would be the Chinese government who did nothing for weeks when they could have contained the spread to a very small area of their own country? And who did nothing to stop people selling and eating horseshoe bats which were known for more than a decade to be the source of viruses like Corona.

No country in the world was prepared despite a major corona outbreak from horseshoe bats being predicted by medical scientists at least 13 years ago.

Not a defence of Trump as clearly he's a nutcase. But let's have some realistic perspective that's not clouded by partisan politics.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Also have you not noticed that anytime the US elects a Republican president you get people shouting that it's the end of the world? Reagan, Bush Snr, Bush Jnr. And yet we're still here.The last Republican President who was elected without such hysteria was Nixon - and look how that turned out.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Even as a younger Guy he had the same haircut!
    I know, it should have been fixed years ago. But I think it's his hands that bother me the most, they're far too small for his body.

I once worked for a company that appointed a new CEO to get them out of the shit, a huge Glaswegian thug freshly graduated from the Barlinnie Charm School, and he had teeny-tiny hands. And he was a right bastard.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread