+ Reply to Thread
Page 604 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1045045545946026036046056066146547041104 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Mike was wrong when he said towards the end of the programme that they'd never done a Capri before

https://www.imcdb.org/v086647.html
    I thought that too and then decided I must have mis-heard him and he said they had done one before, a Laser 1.6 in the first series I think. Ed couldn't get the paint to look right.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I thought that too and then decided I must have mis-heard him and he said they had done one before, a Laser 1.6 in the first series I think. Ed couldn't get the paint to look right.
    About the same time they did that Merc 230 that didn't look so good either.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    About the same time they did that Merc 230 that didn't look so good either.
    They only had a 2 grand budget back in those days, including the cost of the vehicle. So doing a proper re-spray was never an option.

I was surprised to learn that Ford sold the Capri in America when they already had the Mustang over there.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They only had a 2 grand budget back in those days, including the cost of the vehicle. So doing a proper re-spray was never an option.

I was surprised to learn that Ford sold the Capri in America when they already had the Mustang over there.
    Yeah it would look a bit puny sat next to a Mustang.

Mrs. P used to have a 2.8 injection many years ago, she'd have another in a heart beat.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

They're collectible now. Bought one at auction once I about 1992 or 3; the 3 litre version, I think it cost me 80 quid. Had a hell of a time selling it and never touched another one.

Would be worth a load now that they are collectible. And they look so much cooler than modern cars it's not funny.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Back in the early eighties, on my commute to work on my Suzuki GSX 750, my supervisor pulled up beside me at the lights in his 3 litre S Capri. When the lights changed he went for it, but I made it look like he was going backwards. He gave me so much shit about dangerous riding, then sulked all day.

Capris are now a valuable classic, whereas my Suzuki isn't. Don't have to be quick to be cool.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

I had a very tidy GSX-750ES, didn't rate the performance that much though. The following GSX-600F blew it away and my tiny Honda CB-1 400 could leave either for acceleration. Funny things bikes .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Mine was a GSX 750 ET, which was even slower, although it seemed fast enough after my X7. And had at the time about 3 second advantage over the Capri going to 60. My mate's GSX was the 1100 version which was a brute in its day.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm sorted.

Starsky & Hutch

I'm Martin.

'Lindsay Lohan's Beach Club' on MTV

What a rip-off this is. I thought it was going to be about Lindsay doing stuff but she's not even in it. Just a big advert for her beach bar. Was looking forward to this anorl
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread