+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What I got for Xmas

I'm Geoff.

Stopped smoking a pipe when I discovered Ganja. Mind you, I was only fourteen.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

I like the idea of using it at meetings in work. Makes a good pointer and can be used to stab the air in order to emphasise a point. I reckon could make Managing Director in a year if I had a pipe.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Don't be putting weed in it until you get home - that kind of thing can really stall your climb up the career ladder.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Although ive got a few wrist watches i almost never wear one, as i dont like it on my arm; comes from working inside tvs ... i wore pocket watches a lot but rarely now. my mobile phone or the car gives me the time ....should i need it.
    People tend to collect things that appeal to them. A friend has more than 18 guitars! Some are worth thousands. While he always plays this cheap BC Rich at practice, always the same one. Another friend collects guns, he’s an avid gun collector, even though he’s a terrible shot. I myself save gold bullion.
    It’s all the same, you can show your watches, wear one when you go out. My friend can break out a $3,000 guitar and jam on it, or the other can take any one of his guns to the range and fire it. While my gold coins are no fun, they just sit there, and I can’t insure them. So there’s a lot to be said for collecting. If you had to come up with some real money in a hurry, perhaps your watch collection could bring some cash? Or a nice windfall for your benefactor?

But like you, and most people today, I’m never without my Smartphone, so even though I gave my watch away at retirement, there’s no escaping this minute by minute world we live in.

Russell

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    People tend to collect things that appeal to them. A friend has more than 18 guitars! Some are worth thousands. While he always plays this cheap BC Rich at practice, always the same one. Another friend collects guns, he’s an avid gun collector, even though he’s a terrible shot. I myself save gold bullion.
    It’s all the same, you can show your watches, wear one when you go out. My friend can break out a $3,000 guitar and jam on it, or the other can take any one of his guns to the range and fire it. While my gold coins are no fun, they just sit there, and I can’t insure them. So there’s a lot to be said for collecting. If you had to come up with some real money in a hurry, perhaps your watch collection could bring some cash? Or a nice windfall for your benefactor?

But like you, and most people today, I’m never without my Smartphone, so even though I gave my watch away at retirement, there’s no escaping this minute by minute world we live in.

Russell
    Interesting his fav is an old cheapie. Reminds me of Willie Nelson.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've just finished a bottle of Old Spice!
    Do you take it straight or on the rocks?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Do you take it straight or on the rocks?
    I imagine he would take it straight, having built up a resistance over the decades.

For 'special occasions' he would use 'Hai Karate', which combined with the black silk dressing gown with the Kung Fu dragon on the back made him a big hit with the laydees
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm sorted.

Or Denim, for the man who doesn’t have to try TOO hard

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post

Russell
    I no longer collect anything or feel any need to, nor could I justify the cost to myself these days.

I do not own a smartphone and stopped wearing a watch about six years ago.

And (not entirely related) I have had a lifelong aversion to bodily embelishments, so no tattooos, gold chains, piercings or jewellery of any kind.

No interest in being a 'follower' either, so I don't get involved in football and other sports, religion, politics, etc (but I do visit audio forums ).

None the worse for it!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I no longer collect anything or feel any need to, nor could I justify the cost to myself these days.

I do not own a smartphone and stopped wearing a watch about six years ago.

And (not entirely related) I have had a lifelong aversion to bodily embelishments, so no tattooos, gold chains, piercings or jewellery of any kind.

No interest in being a 'follower' either, so I don't get involved in football and other sports, religion, politics, etc (but I do visit audio forums ).

None the worse for it!
    I love collecting stuff (Hifi,records, cds, watches, model buses, coins), I enjoy all my collections & they will all be added to as & when desired items might crop up (except the coins, have kind of given up on that one) as I'm not overly obsessive about any of them.

I'd feel like I was missing an arm without a watch (even though I'm retired & my times my own) & as I suffer with a goldfish memory these days I rely on my smartphone to remind me about events/appointments etc. & I like being able to 'google' stuff while out & about, has settled many an argument.

Not one for much jewellery either (other than watches of course & a gold chain that Mum got me) & with you on the 'following' bit, can't understand why people get so worked up about particular sports especially.

Different strokes..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast