+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Updating from a 37" LCD TV circa 2006

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    I'm in the same position - my Toshiba Regza is actually a very good HD performer but I would now like a 40" 4K TV as the bezels are now much smaller.

There is a shortage of decent screens available in this size from my research, as manufacturers seem to be ditching this size in preference for 43".

The only decent option I have found is this Samsung which I hope to be buying soon -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D791M...v_ov_lig_dp_it

If you wanted to buy second hand, the Panasonic TX40EX700B is now discontinued, but a very well reviewed 4K screen.

Make sure you check out the OS before you buy. I went for LG because their Web OS 3.5 is excellent and the optional magic remote superb. It has voice control and acts like a mouse. Just point it at the option on the screen and click!

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Make sure you check out the OS before you buy. I went for LG because their Web OS 3.5 is excellent and the optional magic remote superb. It has voice control and acts like a mouse. Just point it at the option on the screen and click!
    The Sony OS was terrible when I tried one of their tvs in Richer sounds. Took forever just to play a file off a flashdrive.

+ Reply to Thread