+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for July

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I was just curious why you railed so vehemently against it at seemingly every opportunity?

You make Wrexham sound like Xanadu & it does sound like a nice place to live but I wouldn't dream of running it down as I have no points of reference other than what you might glean from the internet.

It's like your beef with London is personal?
    last time down his coq au vin turned out to be a cock that got hit by a van every foodies nightmare... talking of coq, im having it.
    I was in london for a good few weeks but have to say i didnt enjoy it.. living there may well be better tho, although im sure like wrexham and barbados, its location, location that counts
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No of course not, but for some reason you seem to be taking it personally!
    Not at all, you live where you live and that's usually because of where you're born, where your family might move to whilst you're still growing up and other relationship & perhaps work commitments. House prices don't really enter into the equation, you have to cut your cloth to be where you need to be. I started off in a poky one bed flat locally & saved hard to buy the place I'm currently in then paid off the mortgage as soon as I was able. If the world was my lobster I may well not choose to live here.

When the place you call home or your hifi or your car or... (I could go on) gets criticised you, of course, feel the need to stand up for it. After all It's not as if us lot dahn sarf are all gonna up sticks & invade 'the north' on your recommendations?

Anyway, it's sorted, I'm buying Martin's street & we're putting in a big fuck off stereo & an indoor go kart track, You can come and stay if you're good

I'm guy.

We had been thinking of selling up and moving to Brighton - Eldest daughter talking about moving there and starting family, youngest at Uni there. We enjoyed visiting there, very vibrant atmosphere around Kemptown and "the lanes".

However, recent "lockdown" has made it clear how lucky we are to live in a village (and in Suffolk ). My main concern now is people looking to move out of London to continue working from home in a more pleasant atmosphere.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Not at all, you live where you live and that's usually because of where you're born, where your family might move to whilst you're still growing up and other relationship & perhaps work commitments. House prices don't really enter into the equation, you have to cut your cloth to be where you need to be. I started off in a poky one bed flat locally & saved hard to buy the place I'm currently in then paid off the mortgage as soon as I was able. If the world was my lobster I may well not choose to live here.

When the place you call home or your hifi or your car or... (I could go on) gets criticised you, of course, feel the need to stand up for it. After all It's not as if us lot dahn sarf are all gonna up sticks & invade 'the north' on your recommendations?

Anyway, it's sorted, I'm buying Martin's street & we're putting in a big fuck off stereo & an indoor go kart track, You can come and stay if you're good
    Lol - quality!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I was in london for a good few weeks but have to say i didnt enjoy it.. living there may well be better tho, although im sure like wrexham and barbados, its location, location that counts
    When I was living in Glasgow, in my parents house, in my early 20s and single, before I met Del, I booked a nice hotel for two weeks (on my own) in Bayswater, took the train down to London, then got a pass for unlimited travel on the tube, and had an absolute ball - sightseeing, eating out at nice restaurants/pubs in Covent Garden and discovering Chinatown, doing all sorts of fun things, some of them a bit 'naughty', as a young man does, although fortunately I didn't catch anything...

And I'm quite sure now, if Del and I went for a HOLIDAY to London, I'd enjoy it just as much - as in many ways it's a great city! But for me, ONLY as a holiday destination, not to live, as it's fundamentally not somewhere I'd wish to be these days 24/7, 365. And that would apply to ANY major UK city, apart from Glasgow, simply because that was where I was born.

I simply don't 'do' crowds or stress... I like to relax, and be as far aways as possible from what these days is considered by the masses as 'normal life' - and so 'off-grid', far more than on it. To an extent, I *can* do that living in North Wales, as the vast majority of it is non-urban and often a bit old-fashioned/'behind the curve', which suits my lifestyle perfectly.

But if I were to choose where to live in Scotland, I still wouldn't *choose* Glasgow. It'd probably be somewhere like the Isle of Skye, and based on what I've said here many times, in terms of what's most important to me, I shouldn't need to repeat why that would be, and how, despite the fact that London has much to offer, it simply couldn't compare

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Skye is great. Land of my ancestors.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Yes, one unusually hot day has made me want to sell up and move further north....

Mind you when I look on Rightmove it's quite amazing what I could afford in say your area Marco
    It's amazing what having Marco for a neighbour does for house values.

And Wrexham used to be such a lovely place
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Damn, what am I going to do with all this hot pot I've made? Suppose I'll have to freeze it for when Grant moves south

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Damn, what am I going to do with all this hot pot I've made? Suppose I'll have to freeze it for when Grant moves south
    i see no hotpot
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i see no hotpot
    Sorry that was 10 minutes ago. I've eaten it all. Could always make some more. Includes suet dumplings, so maybe it's not for you if you're at all interested in healthy eating.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast