+ Reply to Thread
Page 470 of 512 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 5112

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Your nose is much better than mine, I rely on my taste buds, are apart from peat and smoke which are easy pick outs.

Forgot to mention picked up Craigellachie 13 at the airport
    must be a travel exclusive i guess... sounds good tho.. most are
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    This was an absolutely stunning Barolo I enjoyed with some friends last night. Probably in the top 5 wines I have ever drunk.

D65B1F12-9872-415E-8D3B-7609D7B03209_1_201_a by , on Flickr

15% ABV about £40 a bottle.
    Barolo is probably my favourite Italian red wine.

Barolo is always expensive, so I don't drink it as much as I would like. (Actually the price your host paid for the 2011 was well below the price you would pay today (~£57))

Sadly very good wine is becoming increasingly expensive these days. The Château Peyrat-Fourthon I mentioned above costs about £45 for a bottle of the 2021.
    Barry

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Barolo is probably my favourite Italian red wine.

Barolo is always expensive, so I don't drink it as much as I would like. (Actually the price your host paid for the 2011 was well below the price you would pay today (~£57))

Sadly very good wine is becoming increasingly expensive these days. The Château Peyrat-Fourthon I mentioned above costs about £45 for a bottle of the 2021.
    I usually drink Pinot Noir ( Burgundy) but to get anything decent nowadays means spending a fortune. There are so many Burgundies on the market that are simply terrible. All the good stuff is astronomical sadly. I do feel there are better value Bordeaux wines available but these have drifted upwards.

I have friends who work in the wine industry and have been lucky to try some fabulous wines which I could never afford so I only buy stuff occasionally now as I prefer quality rather than quantity.

A friend of mine used to work at this business near me and indeed I have been rummaging around their cellars many times. They have unbelievable stuff although most of it is in bond and unaffordable!

https://www.nickollsandperks.co.uk
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

used to drink wine a lot but not now just occasional one. prefer whisky
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    used to drink wine a lot but not now just occasional one. prefer whisky
    Hits the spot a bit quicker!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hits the spot a bit quicker!
    indeed it can if not careful, but i find really good, well aged whisky to be quite invigorating for the body if not abused, and you shouldn't get a hangover unless you really drink way too much.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

well on to the glen grant...a 15 yr old bottled at what they call a batch strength... about 50%.

nosing like proving bread, and a light mouthfeel. nice and typically gg fruity taste and although some spice its less than the last one, as expected. after 10 mins or so it really pulls itself together and warms cockles nicely without slapping the throat, going down with a peaches and cream type of chaser lol.. its very good and opened out with air very well.
    quite a few fruits in there now... banana for one... rather different to the scotia, but non the less enjoyable.. in fact i really like this and it may just be better than the 18.. shock, horror, probe
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

They only have 3 malts in the hotel bar, Cardhu, Glenfiddich and Glenmorange, been drinking gin so far but time for a change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    They only have 3 malts in the hotel bar, Cardhu, Glenfiddich and Glenmorange, been drinking gin so far but time for a change

well they are foreign
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    well they are foreign
    True, but to be fair, you don’t usually find included in the all inclusive bar menu

Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

+ Reply to Thread