+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 512 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Have fun, look forward to your drunken ramblings later on!
    O god major malfunction down the olde pop shop, the beer was flat as a fart, i took more back than i supped...All came up trumps in the end tho...Told him to sling the Glasses, this was the problems but it's like educating pork.

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice fresh, Welsh WATER - and you'll like it, my boy!
    Water rusts.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Nobody.

Bastards! I'm on 'Lent' at the moment, so have given up drinking all forms of alcohol for SIX WEEKS

Marco.
    Lent!! You an Orthodox Christian or summat?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

It's not quite that radical Andre - normal Catholics and C of E observe Lent. Not me, I'm lapsed, I'm afraid.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Indeed - I am one of the former, so wish me luck!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Indeed - I am one of the former, so wish me luck!

Marco.
    Good luck..

O well best i visit the boozer tonight see if the glass situations sorted out.

I'm Nobody.

Sorted, supped the last barrel & smashed the glasses. be ok now.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Sorted, supped the last barrel & smashed the glasses. be ok now.
    good call buddy!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Tesco have this on offer at the moment; half price at £4.99 a bottle:

Castello San Lorenzo Rioja Reserva 2004.

Tempranillo, mazuelo and graciana grapes.
    "Richly flavoured and spicy, combining ripe plum and dried fruit characters with cinnamon and vanilla".

If you feel the 2004 is too young, buy a few bottles and lay them down (if only for a fortnight Marco ). Or buy the 2001 at £14.99, also available in Tesco.

A votre santé
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Don't they have any at £2.99 Barry? Those three for a tenner at the Co-Op are alwright

+ Reply to Thread