+ Reply to Thread
Page 654 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 1545546046446526536546556566647047541154 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm sorted.

Now that's a quality carrier bag

I'm Justin.

Can you eat it?

I'm sorted.

Sticky pork and noodles

I'm Dan.

Shin beef stew pie for tea tonight...

I make one huge stew and then split it out into various tupperware boxes for the freezer; so ones defrosting and it'll get a puff pastry coat tonight That'll be with goose fat roast tatties and jerusalem artichokes from the garden and probably some of our cabbage too
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Can you eat it?
    No but it's very good at transporting comestibles in a non-judgemental way.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Justers, I asked Del how she makes her potato rosti (just the method, as I know you're already familiar with the rest), and so here it is:

Grate the potatoes and put them in a bowl, then sprinkle with salt and pepper (about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of salt, depending on amount of potatoes).

Massage salt and pepper into grated potatoes - to draw out the water and leave for 5- 10 mins. Line a colander with a clean tea towel and tip potatoes into it, to get rid of most of the liquid, then
    gather up the tea towel and squeeze like hell to get rid of all moisture!

Heat a generous amount of butter and olive oil in a shallow pan, then form the potatoes into a 2-3 cm patties and place them into pan. Cook over a moderate heat for about 15 minutes (without browning too much) until potato patty is set. However, during the process don't be tempted to move them/mess around with them. Just let them sit in the pan until set.

Then flip over and cook on the other side in the exact same way. Then Increase heat to brown both sides, until you achieve the desired colour and crunch - and serve!

The bit in bold, she says is *crucial* (and I did this for her as I'm much stronger) - you have to thoroughly extract every last bit of moisture out of the potatoes, before cooking them, as that's how you get them to be so light and crunchy when they're cooked

Marco.
    The serious business of rosti construction.

4 potatoes 3 Maris Piper one King Edward grated and seasoned.

I'm Justin.

Tea towel method of water extraction, pre and post.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

"Please re-use me"......and abuse me

And you'd lurve it - eh, Roy-Boy?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

EVOO and butter. Super heavy cast iron pan.

I'm Justin.

Craster kipper fillet on the ready.

+ Reply to Thread