+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: DCB1 TURBO BUILD @600Ma

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keith1962 View Post
    Where did you get yours Steve? Will it need heat sinks to run at 1.2A? Was just going to run at 600ish but if it can go to 1.2 with the fets bolted to the case floor I might go that far.
    Having said that, I have rearranged internally and so need a new front panel as the holes for the knobs are in the wrong place. That means I will have a piece of 400x90x10 aluminium that can be adapted. Bolt the fets to that and bolt that to the floor of the case....Hmmm....
    Yes yes yes. That's exactly what you should do.

I am going over to Alan's at some point to work out what resistors are needed for running at 1.2A.

All I am doing is Bolting the FETs to the base. I am convinced it will be absolutely fine.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by keith1962 View Post
    Where did you get yours Steve? Will it need heat sinks to run at 1.2A? Was just going to run at 600ish but if it can go to 1.2 with the fets bolted to the case floor I might go that far.
    Having said that, I have rearranged internally and so need a new front panel as the holes for the knobs are in the wrong place. That means I will have a piece of 400x90x10 aluminium that can be adapted. Bolt the fets to that and bolt that to the floor of the case....Hmmm....
    Hi Keith

Having run mine for a period of 6 hour listening sessions and found it to be really cool, mine runs at approx 750mA, as long as your case is thick base aluminum I'm confident it should be ok at 1.2A if not just fit huge heatsinks.

You have Pm.

S.
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Keith.

Thanks for the replies. I will get a transformer ordered and then await the results of your resistor tests to find out which value resistors to order.
    KR
    Keith
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm Simon.

I have toroidy traffos in my mod86p monos. Two for the price of one vs talema part from Farnell, and much better built. Great traffos, i might try his chokes next.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    I have toroidy traffos in my mod86p monos. Two for the price of one vs talema part from Farnell, and much better built. Great traffos, i might try his chokes next.
    Yes, I'm a big fan.

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    The 40VA traffo currently in my DCB1 is an RS/Talema and when I looked for the equivalent at 100VA from them it was the same price as the Toroidy so I went with that. Just have to wait the 14 days for delivery from Poland!
    KR
    Keith
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

Bigman80 Guest

Picking mine up from Alan's Tomorrow. He's corrected a couple of 'ive got other things on my mind' mistakes.

Running at 1.2A, which is as far as this one will go.

Very excited to get this home.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Picking mine up from Alan's Tomorrow....Very excited to get this home.
    He should wrap it up and tell you you're not allowed to open it until Christmas morning

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Santa bottle !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Santa bottle !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast