Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2018 Le Vieux Chateau Guibeau

Puisseguin Saint-Émilion 14% ABV

80% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Cabernet Franc
    Barry

I'm guy.

Hi Barry - any good, how much and where from?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I bought it from Laithwaites a few years ago, for I think, about £15.

The 2018 is unavailable now; I thought it was time to drink it up.

I'm not sure where one can buy more recent vintages, or even if they are any good: the 2018 was an exceptional year.

I have several other clarets in my 'wine cellar' which I'm slowly drinking - I'll post them here in due course.
    Barry

I'm guy.

Thanks for answer Barry - I never seem to keep any bottles longer than a couple of months
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    got another 2 bottles of this in as its on offer.. very nice stuff. this one is more sherried than last bottles i had.

this one tonight again... slange
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

2018 Château Le Rochers, Réserve Spéciale, Bordeaux

Château Les Rochers doesn’t pretend to be a classed growth, but a simple Bordeaux with all the class and elegance you’d expect of this great region. It’s from an estate owned by the Roux family for five generations. The name Les Rochers, ‘the rocks’, comes from the limestone-rich soil, which keeps the vines very well drained. As you’d expect in the Entre Deux Mers, the majority of the grapes are Merlot, with some of both the Cabernets.

Another wine that is approaching the 'drink up' date (December 2022). 13.5% ABV.

Enjoyed with steak and kidney, black bean and onion sauté on a bed of basmati rice, carrots, green beans and 'sugar snap' peas.
    Barry

2018 L'Épiphanie. Montagne Saint-Émilion, Bordeaux

Merlot and Cabernet Franc grape. 14% ABV.

Medium- to full-bodied Merlot-based blend. Bright scarlet in colour, with aroma of violets, red fruit, and a hint of leafy spice. Velvety with red plum and cassis on the palate; touches of red cherry and spice. Drink by end December 2023. Around £27 a bottle.

Enjoyed with a starter of grated carrot, smoked salmon and avocado salad. Followed by smoked mackerel in a tomato and onion sauce with brocolli, and green beans on a bed of spaghetti.

Desert of honeydew, cantaloupe and galia melon with black grape fruit salad.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Mulben Moor 8 Year Old 2010 from Murray McDavid. 50% abv this and from a Mystery Distillery in Speyside.

Very fresh, flowery and a bit of spicy fruit too, along with honey etc.. a little firey but easily tamed with a splash if thats how you want it. Very decent and will think on distillery; Auchroisk comes to mind. I think the water and tem mins in glass is a big boost for it.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Picked up a bottle of Auchentoshan 12 today.
    Never had it, and had to use up the balance of my “Christmas Gift” account at work. It was one of the better bottles they had left.
    I am hoping it is a nice bottle

Has anybody already tried it?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Picked up a bottle of Auchentoshan 12 today.
    Never had it, and had to use up the balance of my “Christmas Gift” account at work. It was one of the better bottles they had left.
    I am hoping it is a nice bottle

Has anybody already tried it?
    not tried the 12. not seen it tbh as i think it came out during lockdown; used to be a 10 i remember. auchentoshen can be variable so let us know how it is.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread