Closed Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris big win.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Interesting comment about food banks, have you wondered why they are used so much?

I see from your location you're from Bristol so are probably familiar with Southmead?
    My wife used to work in a school on the estate where a significant proportion of pupils were arriving at school having had no breakfast as there was no food in the house. The really shocking part is that they were picked up from school by parents wearing £100 trainers, lots of tattoos (not cheap) and very often already half pissed at 3pm.

This is a fact witnessed first hand on a regular basis by my wife not a daily mail headline
    Exactly, what sort of cretin cannot feed their own kids, food is cheap as hell these days.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    '...the Bank of England have, as you say, been consistently pro-EU, because they know precisely how difficult it will be for us to make trade agreements post-Brexit..'

They have also had to apologize for their incorrect forecasts on the economic impact of Brexit, so I don't set too much store by their claims on other dire consequences of our freedom
    Give it a chance, we haven't even left the EU yet. After a year or so when the gears begin to grind and the many hurdles that are put in our place for trading with our biggest trading partner begin to take effect we will surely see a drop off in exports. And the promises from Trump turn out to mean little...…….Saying that I don't predict the disaster that some do, in fact today markets have rallied and house sales have picked up so that's good for me anyway (being a removal man).
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I'm confused, do the Scots want to be independent or part of the EU?
    A third of Scottish Nationalists are pro Brexit. So both.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Slawts View Post
    Spot on. Corbyn would have been the worst thing ever to happen to this country.
    In your humble opinion and that of others who didn't vote for Labour. That doesn't make it fact. It may have been the worst thing though that could've happened for the establishment or those with rather selfish London-centric views on politics, in which case BJ-boy is yer man

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hibster_2000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Exactly, what sort of cretin cannot feed their own kids, food is cheap as hell these days.
    Food is cheap? Obviously nobody on a HiFi forum is likely to be living in poverty, but I can assure you that there are people who struggle to make ends meet, and rely on school dinners etc. to feed their kids. There are always exceptions to the rules, where parents don’t seem to care about their kids, and are not responsible enough to have them, but we cannot change this, unfortunately....

Let’s hope Bojo does a good job, and proves himself not to be a bumbling buffoon.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In your humble opinion and that of others who didn't vote Labour. That doesn't make it fact. It may have been the worst thing though that could've happened for the establishment or those with rather selfish London-centric views on politics, in which case BlowJob-boy is yer man

Marco.
    Much of Labours support came from London boroughs, under Corbyn Labour is dead to the working class, wonder why that is? Still, we all missed out on that free internet eh?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    Food is cheap? Obviously nobody on a HiFi forum is likely to be living in poverty, but I can assure you that there are people who struggle to make ends meet, and rely on school dinners etc. to feed their kids. There are always exceptions to the rules, where parents don’t seem to care about their kids, and are not responsible enough to have them, but we cannot change this, unfortunately....

Let’s hope Bojo does a good job, and proves himself not to be a bumbling buffoon.
    Yes of course, but I simply cannot fathom not having enough agency to feed your own kids, I think it goes beyond poverty. For many folk these days its not the rate of pay, but that rate of rents that are the problem.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Much of Labours support came from London boroughs, under Corbyn Labour is dead to the working class, wonder why that is?
    Yes, because they were too thick to see the bigger picture of what voting for the Trump-like balloon we've got now as PM will mean for our country, and conned by the Tory rhetoric and BJ-boy's promise of 'Let's get Brexit done', because they were sick to death of hearing about it and all the indecision, and so without too much intelligent thought switched their allegiances accordingly to the Tories.

And his promise is almost certain to be broken. BJ-boy, among many other things, is a bigoted, bullshitting buffoon, unfit to comb his own hair, never mind be PM, and in time will be proven as such.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

In your humble opinion and that of others who didn't vote Labour. That doesn't make it fact. It may have been the worst thing though that could've happened for the establishment or those with rather selfish London-centric views on politics, in which case BJ-boy is yer man

Marco.
    If you look at London it is predominately Labour. Corbyn isn't Labour. He is a communist and it would have taken this country back to the 70's but without decent music.

I passed my driving test in Blyth so was delighted when they voted for Levy as their MP.

I think you should look to what happened with Labour and why they were deserted by their core supporters couldn't stomach voting for a London-centric labour party.

BJ was a good mayor and could well turn out to be a good PM. Not that you will ever admit it.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm Mike.

Yes, because they were too thick to see the bigger picture of what voting for the Trump-like balloon we've got now as PM will mean for our country, and conned by the Tory rhetoric and BJ-boy's promise of 'Let's get Brexit done', because they were sick to death of hearing about it and all the indecision, and so without too much intelligent thought switched their allegiances accordingly to the Tories.

And his promise is almost certain to be broken. BJ-boy, among many other things, is a bigoted, bullshitting buffoon, unfit to comb his own hair, never mind be PM, and in time will be proven as such.

Marco.
    I think many who voted Brexit will wonder what they voted for, I don't think Boris will even deliver the Brexit they wanted. That doesn't make Labour anymore electable to these people, again, why is that? Why did Labour fail so spectacularly to connect with their core voters? Because it was seen as being the party of Momentum, of conspiracy minded, identity politics obsessed, Israel hating mupppets.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast