+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anker battery ower supply for Beresford Bushmaster

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by wk233298 View Post
    Barry, do you need to press any button to start charging the battery, Thinking of using a 7 day timer to automate charging.

Thanks
    Chris
    I would say no, I just pluged mine into the mains and it started charging. You can download a copy of the manual from here.
    http://www.ianker.com/support-c1-g327.html

I'm Michael.

Default Bushmaster Battery Power Supply

This is the battery I decided to buy https://www.spycameracctv.com/spycam...curity-cameras I would have preferred a larger capacity, but this is the largest one they do.

It doesn't have the refinement of the Anker battery in the sense that you can see how much charge is left, but it shouldn't cut out if the DAC current drops below 50mA. The dc cable which is supplied is the correct termination for the Bushmaster. I will report back as to how long the DAC runs for on one charge and, if it cuts out

I'm Alastair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Yes, I think so for the price, which is less then half the cost of a decent linear power supply. Read the thread linked by Mkrzych to give you some idea of the results you can except with a battery. I also have it connected to 12v plasma lamp just in case of problems, but up to know it has not been needed. Tried connecting my Touch to the 5v output on the battery which worked very well, but was heavy on battery use so went back to the power supply for the Touch.
    I tried the previous version of this battery with my BMII. It worked fine but found that the Akaka was marginally better. I now have the CMII and power both the DAC and my SB Touch (via USB) from the Ankaka with good results and when not in use the draw on the battery is pretty low (the EDO screen saver ensures it is almost always totally off). I brought another Anker battery to use two of them to drive my Temple Audio monoblocs which they do nicely (I can run mains free) except one does intermittently shut-down. It could be a fault but I have ordered the MK2 Anker to see if it does any better.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    I tried the previous version of this battery with my BMII. It worked fine but found that the Akaka was marginally better. I now have the CMII and power both the DAC and my SB Touch (via USB) from the Ankaka with good results and when not in use the draw on the battery is pretty low (the EDO screen saver ensures it is almost always totally off). I brought another Anker battery to use two of them to drive my Temple Audio monoblocs which they do nicely (I can run mains free) except one does intermittently shut-down. It could be a fault but I have ordered the MK2 Anker to see if it does any better.
    I did try connecting the Touch up to the battery again yesterday, but with the clock running on the Touch I got less then a day's use out of the battery. I will have to give the EDO screen saver a shot. Now have the Touch connected via the supplied power supply and S-Booster, might be me but I did think the sound via my BMII was better with it connected this way?

Barry

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by mbic View Post
    This is the battery I decided to buy https://www.spycameracctv.com/spycam...curity-cameras I would have preferred a larger capacity, but this is the largest one they do.

It doesn't have the refinement of the Anker battery in the sense that you can see how much charge is left, but it shouldn't cut out if the DAC current drops below 50mA. The dc cable which is supplied is the correct termination for the Bushmaster. I will report back as to how long the DAC runs for on one charge and, if it cuts out
    Look's ok for the price.

I'm Adam.

My wife always take my son to his swimming training on a Friday night. So I look forward to listening to some quality tunes from my Bushmaster Mk2 and SBT both driven by my Anker battery after the weekly grind !

Tonight I switched on the SBT and Bushmaster about a half hour before listening to warm up - and poured myself a large glass of Laphroaig

Went back into the lounge half an hour later and the Bushmaster has powered down

After a bit of frenzied diagnosis I discover that my grain of wheat bulb had blown (leaving the Anker battery to shutdown the BM after 20 minutes). Luckily when I ordered the bulb I got a bulk pack and so after another 10 minutes had a new one in place and power was restored to my rig

My bulb must have lasted for nearly a year of listening - but just a reminder for anyone running this setup - the bulbs do go pop eventually (and sometimes at the most unfortunate moments).
    Adam.

I'm Alex.

Default LInk to Ankaka

Does anyone have a link to the actual battery/product item from the Ankaka website. It is not an easy site to find things. Thanks

I don't think that they have any stock left.

I'm Kevin.

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Adam.

First one the Anker is what I have used for the last year or so. Sounds very good but you do need to connect a bulb on split lead to keep the Bushmaster powered up (otherwise the battery shuts down after 20 minutes or so due to the BM's low voltage).

The second battery I am not aware of anyone trying yet with a BM. On paper looks good - 30000mah - but maybe a clone of the Anker (power lights are in the same semi circular pattern - and so could shutdown also).
    Adam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast