+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

something almost identical which doesn't have a 'prestige' label
    It might be possible. But you´ll never get a Vega direct from the winemaker, it´s like wanting to buy a Mercedes direct from the factory.

But I'll look for Alion at a Bodega
    As I gave restaurant price for Alion I believe it´s possible to get one for 35 € in a store.

One more tip: Pago de Carraovejas, a "boutique" Ribera. Small quantities production. A fashion wine in Spain. It´s not what I like, too hard to swallow. It´s like you are being challenged by the wine instead of enjoying it slowly, piece by piece. Price: a little bit more than Alión.

Finally, I´m greatly surprised that all of you are very conscious when spending money on wine.You know, in wine are too many fashions -and fiascos- as in, let´s say, the audio industry. In the end is only wine, it´s not an elixir for eternal life or to stop losing hair. I put into practice the same assesment method when buying audio gear: it´s only audio gear and it can´t cost as much as a car for instance.

I´m sorry that this: "Hello from..." took the road of the wine market.

Now, I´m going to drink a Cinzano Rosso with Bombay Saphire with lots sof ice and keep enjoying Steely Dan.

Maybe, I´ll open a new thread on pure malt whiskies. I´m sure you have some precious tips to give.
    Last edited by Daniel; 22-08-2008 at 19:31.

+ Reply to Thread