+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: The System

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Lovely pioneer stack bought this evening including a boxed A400 they came with a rare pair of Omar 880 speakers

Photos to follow tomorrow
    How are you finding the Omars, Dan? I bought an absolutely immaculate pair a few months back but haven't got round to re-foaming them yet.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    How are you finding the Omars, Dan? I bought an absolutely immaculate pair a few months back but haven't got round to re-foaming them yet.
    Since been sold dude didn't have the room to keep them unfortunate down to only 4 sets of loudspeakers now
    Bi Amplification
    Quad 33 with current Mod for CD
    2 Quad 303 Bi Amped
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Cassette
    Goodmans GSW 435

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Since been sold dude didn't have the room to keep them unfortunate down to only 4 sets of loudspeakers now
    Ah no worries! Were they the black ones that went on eBay recently?

4 sets of speakers, eh? I envy you - I'm currently "down to" 25 pairs...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Martin.

Ah no worries! Were they the black ones that went on eBay recently?

4 sets of speakers, eh? I envy you - I'm currently "down to" 25 pairs...
    Where do you keep them all? I have 8 sets and really can't buy any more (even though I'd like to) as there's just no more storage space.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

have a few sets upstairs in spare room, which is basically a dump currently.. i would dump them but cant bring myself to do it with good speakers.
    no interest in speakers up here really.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Where do you keep them all? I have 8 sets and really can't buy any more (even though I'd like to) as there's just no more storage space.
    - 2 pairs in use in the lounge (surround sound)
    - 1 pair in use in the dining room
    - 1 pair in use in the listening room
    - 5 pairs on standby in the listening room (all are small standmounters so tuck away nicely)
    - 3 pairs boxed in the loft

The rest in my garage workshop in various states of disrepair!

I'm Martin.

- 2 pairs in use in the lounge (surround sound)
    - 1 pair in use in the dining room
    - 1 pair in use in the listening room
    - 5 pairs on standby in the listening room (all are small standmounters so tuck away nicely)
    - 3 pairs boxed in the loft

The rest in my garage workshop in various states of disrepair!
    garage workshop - that's where I'm going wrong.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

garage workshop - that's where I'm going wrong.
    I have sounds in my garage workshop, a sixties Philips valve radio. I should fire it up, it's not been switched on for twenty five years!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I have sounds in my garage workshop, a sixties Philips valve radio. I should fire it up, it's not been switched on for twenty five years!
    Deploy variac then!
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Deploy variac then!
    ive one of them too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast