+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darren Grimes journalist investigated by police for comments made by his interviewee.

I'm Mike.

Default Darren Grimes journalist investigated by police for comments made by his interviewee.

Is this country turning into a woke distopia or what? Are the police now virtue signalling protectors of public morality? Just when I thought the tide was turning on PC and woke culture, helped by Boris with his election of new BBC heads, the po po go and do this:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/1...kX46xOSCBCLGZM
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

right!, your nicked my lad!!
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Grimes has possibly pissed off somebody influential who has 'down at the lodge', had a word with some senior cop to get some payback. It's all nod and a wink these days.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

ive never heard of him tbh... thought Starky's reply was crass in extreme tho, irrellevent of your political bias tho
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive never heard of him tbh... thought Starky's reply was crass in extreme tho, irrellevent of your political bias tho
    True, but the big turning point is a journalist being investigated for what his interviewee said, has such serious implications for freedom of speech, and all this coming directly from our new 'woke' police force.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Jon.

Compared to the shit show that he faced from the electoral commission, he’ll take this in his stride.
    That said, the Met police are setting a very very dangerous standard with this bullshit.
    Shame they couldn’t be bothered to do anything about the 1000’s of Muslims marching for Arbaeen in London yesterday.
    I see Sadiq Khant and Cressida DICK were nowhere to be seen.
    Two tier policing will only end badly, very badly.

I'm Grant.

Could be argued he must have known what the answer was likely to be, hence why he asked that particular person.
    Thus he knew that he would be assisting in a crime.

Just looking at it from another angle.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Compared to the shit show that he faced from the electoral commission, he’ll take this in his stride.
    That said, the Met police are setting a very very dangerous standard with this bullshit.
    Shame they couldn’t be bothered to do anything about the 1000’s of Muslims marching for Arbaeen in London yesterday.
    I see Sadiq Khant and Cressida DICK were nowhere to be seen.
    Two tier policing will only end badly, very badly.
    I gave up on the police after the 2011 London riots.

I'm Jon.

Hardly surprising looking at the support Darren has had.

I'm Jo.

Default >>>

The whole country has become a prison camp, and it has become so because we have allowed those in power to make off with our liberties and rights. We were warned often enough not to relax our vigilance. We have also permitted a political police to establish itself - another of the hallmarks of a dictatorship.

We certainly do not live in a free country and free speech has been in casualty for some time now and the outlook for survival does not look good. . The highly politicised police force is just another weapon the state is using against us. Even without the farcical emergency powers the Westmonster mountebanks have just passed under the pretence of public health, we were in a parlous position in our relations with the state. It is very powerful and we are very weak, unless we band together.

The politicians have made no secret of their astonishment at how easy it was to lock down the country and how the pliability of the people has encouraged them to search for new reasons to impose even more 'emergency' regulations. One minsiter has suggested that the environment could be a useful 'reason' to set up new restrictions on freedom of movement. I imagine they are thinking hard on how to make tempoary measures into permanent ones. How is it that emergencies always mean we have less not more rights?

Back in 2015 David Cameron told us that keeping within the law would no longer protect citizens from harrassment by the state. Think about that - even if you have not broken any law (which is becoming harder and harder as more and more repressive laws governing speech and movement are passed) you may face persecution by the state authorities. For once I thnk a politician was being open about what was going on.

Regardless of how you felt about the referendum on EU membership here, there's no doubt that the powerful and rich felt the ground shake under them and took note that they could no longer rely on the ballot box even with the massive power of the media pushing the dominant group's narrative. Resistance to the state in France was so tumultuous that government here issued D notices in an attempt to keep us in the dark about the people a few miles away willing to push back hard against the set up. They prison warders are scared, and they seem especially so of working-class people organising.

Freedom and democracy and the free flow of information are lethal to the power and wealth of elites.

And yet there is no reason why every citizen eligible to vote cannot take a direct part in the business of Parliament. We have the technology to make that happen right now. The MPs can still have their vote on legislation under consideration, only we'd all have a vote too. That's the last thing the politicians and their sordid parties want to happen, the last thing the media want, the last thing the CBI and the TUC want, the last thing the university chancellors want, the last thing the banks want, the last thing the churches want, the last thing the IMF wants, the last thing the UN wants, the last thing, in fine, that those who run the crooked show here and abroad would welcome.

I want to take control of my own affairs as befits free man. I want to see my peers take control of their affirs as free men and free women should.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast