+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Turntable change

I'm Robin.

Many thanks for all the suggestions and messages, lots of food for thought, hopefully have the new turntable in place in the next week or two depending on availability and listening tests.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    The Brinkmann is the dealer’s demo model but might still be over budget.
    I must have got lucky bck in March. I picked up a Mint Brinkmann Bardo with glass platter, clamp and SU upgrades for £2.5k. Got a local engineering firm to open out the 20mm Brinkmann arm hole in the armboard to 23mm, popped in my OL Encounter 3C and couldn't be happier, it's definitely a destination deck for me and I've arrived early.
    Have a look on hifi shark as there's usually a few Brinkmann decks available.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    I must have got lucky bck in March. I picked up a Mint Brinkmann Bardo with glass platter, clamp and SU upgrades for £2.5k. Got a local engineering firm to open out the 20mm Brinkmann arm hole in the armboard to 23mm, popped in my OL Encounter 3C and couldn't be happier, it's definitely a destination deck for me and I've arrived early.
    Have a look on hifi shark as there's usually a few Brinkmann decks available.
    Will have a look John, thanks
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Robin.

Nothing on high shark unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Robin.

Will hopefully have this sorted out in the next week, having spent the last couple of weeks around the house with a new roof being installed. Looking back through the posts, a couple of people suggested keeping the turntable and upgrading the arm and cartridge. Interestingly Audio Origami is probably the closest hifi “dealer” to me and after a chat with John who suggested a PU7 and Dynavector XX2 would work well, so will have list to that combo early next week. Should be interesting and not the cheapest option.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Adrian.

Before you opt for that unless you like it have a chat with Hugo at Ammonite Audio, a reed tonearm with Phasemation PP-300 might be a very good option. Or even a JELCO with Pp-500.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Before you opt for that unless you like it have a chat with Hugo at Ammonite Audio, a reed tonearm with Phasemation PP-300 might be a very good option. Or even a JELCO with Pp-500.
    Will do Adrian, the advantage of Audio Origami is that he is 25 minutes away but I won’t be making any rash decisions, as this I hope will be last turntable change.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Adrian.

Trouble is as I have discovered, TT’s, arms and cartridges all have a sonic signature and some work together and others just don’t, if you can find as as possible neutral arm then you have a chance of balancing the setup with cartridge. I don’t know the signature of your TT but you might find some choices exaggerate it and other compliment. It also completely depends on what is pleasant to your ear as well.

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Trouble is as I have discovered, TT’s, arms and cartridges all have a sonic signature and some work together and others just don’t, if you can find as as possible neutral arm then you have a chance of balancing the setup with cartridge. I don’t know the signature of your TT but you might find some choices exaggerate it and other compliment. It also completely depends on what is pleasant to your ear as well.

Buying a new car is easier than changing turntables.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910