+ Reply to Thread
Page 775 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 2756757257657737747757767777858258751275 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,750 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - ok, but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

Why the aversion to cream or brandy? Neither cream nor 'cooking Brandy' [read as a half a bottle of anything half-decent from a supermarket] are expensive, and they're two fundamental ingredients of fresh peppercorn sauces.

Marco.
    You might notice everything i make is dietary food. Cream is an utter No. I also have a drink Problem. No way on earth is drink allowed in here. Like i say its not worth the bother, nothing bad for you in a packet of peppercorn & like grant says its nice enough.

I'm Justin.

As we were in Liverpool yesterday, so we popped into our favourite deli and topped up on our Asian ingredients. Then made some Thai Laska soup, with king prawns, noodles, fresh chilli and coriander for lunch:

Tasted gorgeous and really hit the spot!

Marco.
    Dude where did you get those prawns from?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    You might notice everything i make is dietary food. Cream is an utter No. I also have a drink Problem. No way on earth is drink allowed in here.
    Ah yes, forgot about that! Soz for being so stupid

Apologies...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Tony.

Calzone di Cipolla (Puglian Onion Pie) made with fresh pizza dough, onions, tomato and ricotta forte. First attempt at this one. Smells fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Dude where did you get those prawns from?
    Yo Justers, from our fishmonger. They come in bags frozen, but they're top notch, really succulent and juicy! You can kinda tell that from the pic, can't you?

Here's a pic:

Just discovered that Iceland stock them: https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/arctic-r...00g/68183.html

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Calzone di Cipolla (Puglian Onion Pie) made with fresh pizza dough, onions, tomato and ricotta forte. First attempt at this one. Smells fantastic.

Looks superb (as usual), Tony, but you do love your pastry, don't you?

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Smoked mackerel Soba noodles.

No posterior issues here.

Love this simple recipe posted it a few times now.

Lovin' that!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andre.

Whats the cookbook Justin?

I'm Tony.

Looks superb (as usual), Tony, but you do love your pastry, don't you?

Marco.
    Only in the Winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Whats the cookbook Justin?
    Itsu 20 minute suppers.

Easy Wagamama ish type recipes. Highly recommended.

+ Reply to Thread