+ Reply to Thread
Page 1274 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 27477411741224126412721273127412751276128413241374 ... LastLast
Results 12,731 to 12,740 of 14760

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Awesome mate, that's what Alex's earlier tikka massala should've looked like! Sorry dahling, but the Grantster's trumped you!

Marco.
    I agree, looks so much nicer than mine, more authentic, but I did qualify mine a “ish” as in not quite!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

...or rather, nowhere near!

Just yankin' yer chain, shweety

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Going to Alec’s in December for (pause for dramatic effect) LUNCH!

This looks ok to

https://davincishornchurch.co.uk/food-drink/
    Lol... Good stuff. Excellent value for money, isn't it, that 2 or 3-course lunch menu though, in 1539?

No need for a special occasion... I take Del there for lunch when I'm buying her shoes in Chester!

Sadly, her footwear is usually rather more expensive than lunch...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Good stuff. Excellent value for money, isn't it, that 2 or 3-course lunch menu though, in 1539?

No need for a special occasion... I take Del there for lunch when I'm buying her shoes in Chester!

Sadly, her footwear is usually rather more expensive than lunch...

Marco.
    Very good value.

An evening meal just feels a bit less rushed but in practice we probably don’t spend any longer in the restaurant than we would for lunch.

Was nice last night however to stop for a few more drinks at the Legion, didn’t get home till eleven for our early night .

Indeed on both counts

For us, going out for lunch is usually part of a general day out, especially if the weather's nice, and we're in the country or seaside.

So once we've done that, and gone for a nice walk, looked round the shops or whatever, if there's a quaint little town nearby, it's back home to put our feet up in front of the TV, and perhaps open a bottle of wine and watch a movie.

These days, that's generally where we prefer being in the evening, especially during the winter months, although Del (being notably younger than me) will still go clubbing with her pals, or for girly nights out in town. I'm happier at home listening to some choons or talking pish on here!

Marco.
    Main System

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Tuna Nicoise tonight, was very tasty.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Nice, mate. A much better presented plate of food than some restaurants. Love the searing... I'm presuming though that you like fresh tuna more cooked than rare, as (it could be the pic), but it looks quite well done?

I go for nicely seared on the outside, like yours, but next to rare in the middle, as otherwise I find it terribly dry.

Marco.
    Main System

Yes, it should have been rarer, 4 minutes in total, could probably have halved that really, but it wasn’t dry. Never made the nicoise like that before, Sue really liked it too and relatively quick and easy so will definitely do it again on a school night.
    Alex

Yups, too right... However, when it comes to food, nothing much escapes the Marco-boy's eagle eye [just the one, mind]

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Tuna Nicoise tonight, was very tasty.

Very nice Alex
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers