+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 1902402802882892902912923003403907901290 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Think I said "sometimes" ..or should have. People queue up for my soups so must be doing something right. Ive also put Soy in as a seasoning. I like experimenting; you never know til you try
    I've had some of your soup too, and it was very nice

However, personally I generally don't like putting chemicals and/or artificial ingredients into my food. Soy, though, is great for seasoning, and I've done that myself - and of course experimenting is great. I just prefer experimenting with natural (mostly fresh) ingredients.

Btw, if want to add some seasoning to soup (or other dishes) next time, in a not entirely natural way, rather than using Bisto, try some of this stuff: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/257442342

Trust me, it's far better than Bisto!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alex.

My Mum was a great soup maker too, she didn't take many shortcuts, was a bit of a different time then.

I make a great tomato soup based on a can of tomatoes. Much better that tinned tomato soup.
    Spendorman

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    My Mum was a great soup maker too, she didn't take many shortcuts, was a bit of a different time then.
    Are you working, and thus short of time, Alex?

I don't doubt your tomato soup is good, even made from tinned tomatoes, which in reality can be as good as some fresh ones. In any case, it's got to be better than anything processed.

For me, with tinned soups, there's always a plasticky taste and artificial 'glaze', superimposed onto it, which I just can't get on with. Plus, making your own soup is also so much cheaper (if made in big batches), as well as tastier and healthier. The amount of salt and sugar that goes into some tinned soups is frightening!

And 'low calorie' or reduced salt and sugar varieties just taste of nothing.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I've had some of your soup too, and it was very nice

However, personally I generally don't like putting chemicals and/or artificial ingredients into my food. Soy, though, is great for seasoning, and I've done that myself - and of course experimenting is great. I just prefer experimenting with natural (mostly fresh) ingredients.

Btw, if want to add some seasoning to soup (or other dishes) next time, in a not entirely natural way, rather than using Bisto, try some of this stuff: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/257442342

Trust me, it's far better than Bisto!

Marco.
    Always got maggi in house.. it was in the soup i made Del and you as its vegetarian
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Are you working, and thus short of time, Alex?

Marco.
    No, I retired a bit early, mainly to look after my Mum, and she passed away in 2013 at the age of 103. My food didn't seem to do her any harm, in fact she loved it.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

I sometimes use a pinch of this stuff, if so, I don't use any extra salt.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/260860672

It's Polish, I'm half Polish.
    Spendorman

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Always got maggi in house.. it was in the soup i made Del and you as its vegetarian
    Nice one. So what do you feel that Bisto brings to the party, which is worthwhile having, over Maggi?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

used to get that but tesco up here dont seem to "stock" it now
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I sometimes use a pinch of this stuff, if so, I don't use any extra salt.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/260860672

It's Polish, I'm half Polish.
    Yeah, that's good stuff - again far better than Bisto. We buys quite a lot of Polish foods (in fact Del's away to get some bread now from the Polish shop in town), as some of it is excellent, including the sausages, oh and the beer! Do you have a Polish shop near you?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Nice one. So what do you feel Bisto brings to the party, which is worthwhile having, over Maggi?

Marco.
    its only bisto in the fact that they make it. its cheese powder and starch basically. i often use it for a mild cheese sauce base for my lasagne as it doesnt thicken solid, and thus good for reheating. i hate thickened up cheese or white sauce/.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread