+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 512 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Lebanese Wine

I have just spent a couple of weeks in Syria, where, somewhat ironically, I enjoyed several bottles of Lebanese wine. I did of course try the Syrian wine but the Lebanese is definitely the better.

Should anyone be in that part of the world, you might look out for the following. They are all from the one wine maker: Ksara in the Bekaa valley.

First my favourite

2003 Cave Kouroum ‘Petit Noir’

50% Cinsault, 15% Granache, 25% Carignan and 10% Syrah. A beautiful deep fruity red with a long finish.

My next favourite:

2007 Ksara ‘Le Prieuré’

30% Carignan, 30% Cinsault, 20% Nourvedre and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon.

2007 Ksara ‘Cuvee de Printemps’, 12.5% ABV

75% Gamay and 25%Tempranillo.

2007 Ksara ‘Reserve du Couvent’, 13% ABV

(no information on the blend of grapes)

Cheers
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Interesting, Barry. Have you tried Chateau Musar (pref late 80s vintage)? That's my favourite Lebanese wine (so far)

It's a real stunner!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Dunno about all these fancy wine names but i got home tonight to sniff out a couple bottles of Dry Red ozzy wine in the corner the mother-in-law dropped off. Made for Tesco so it says taste alright anyway deffo as strong as the 12% says..on well i tried.. were's mi coat

I did promise i wouldnt booze this Christmas but i'm like a magnet to it.

LOL - just neck it and shut it!

We had a bottle of this today with some smoked salmon to start:

http://www.tanners-wines.co.uk/Tanne...ie/JW00508.htm

And this with the goose (Château Bel-Air, Lussac-St-Emilion 2006):

Bloody lurvely they were too!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    LOL - just neck it and shut it!
    Aye. i bought some great big wine glasses so i could get half a bottle in one go

Quality, ma man, quality - some of those buggers are so big you could have a bath in them!

Marco.
    Main System

Today it's a bottle of this with the leftover goose:

Link here: http://www.tanners-wines.co.uk/Tanne...ed/CR06308.htm

Then some vintage (1988) Fonseca port with Del's home-made mince pies and Christmas cake... Yum yum!

http://www.fonseca.pt/index_.htm

Yes, Tanners is our favourite wine merchants and we're currently going through the two mixed cases we got for Christmas and New Year!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Nobody.

Couple bottles of the wives Chardonnay Pinot Grigio

Hope yer leavin' some for her!

I'm on Drambuie (with ice) at the moment...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hope yer leavin' some for her!
    She's not one for drinking in house..No wonder supping this shit

+ Reply to Thread