+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I do know a chap who toured through France and into Spain and back on a Honda C90 Cub ).
    Funny you should say that. I was about to post saying that a Honda 125 would be near enough as quick, much better on juice and ten times more reliable.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Funny you should say that. I was about to post saying that a Honda 125 would be near enough as quick, much better on juice and ten times more reliable.
    Most definitely, I had a Honda CB100N when I was 17 and that poor little bike suffered massive abuse, miles and miles of thrashing it to within inches of it's life and it just kept going and going. It only let go twice, once when the cam chain slipped the sprocket and once with a broken piston ring. If I'd treated my bigger bikes that way they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm James.

There was a chap some years ago, saw him on TV,toured the world on a Yamaha r1, I bet that hurt his testicoyles
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Ian.

I rode my old Suzuki GSXR1100 slabside up to my brother's place in Birmingham from Brighton years ago, I honestly thought I would never walk without bow legs again lol
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm James.

I rode my old Suzuki GSXR1100 slabside up to my brother's place in Birmingham from Brighton years ago, I honestly thought I would never walk without bow legs again lol
    Ooh those and the later slingshot, gorgeous!!
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

Rode my Yamaha SZR660 300 miles to Cornwall and back a week later when I was in my mid fifties. I was OK with a few minutes rest at fuel stops. Did it again on a Suzuki GSX600F a year or two later in pouring rain all the way. Got a bit soggy here and there.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Rode my Yamaha SZR660 300 miles to Cornwall and back a week later when I was in my mid fifties. I was OK with a few minutes rest at fuel stops. Did it again on a Suzuki GSX600F a year or two later in pouring rain all the way. Got a bit soggy here and there.
    Gsx6f tea pot much underrated,. Basically a bin parts machine that did really quite well in British super sports

I'm Ian.

I came across this old classic a while back, completely original except for consumables. The owner told me it had been stored in a dry, heated garage for over 30 years and he picked it up for peanuts in a house clearance sale. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only complete original CX left.

Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm Geoff.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only complete original CX left
    Bet it's not!

It's a later one, with the Comstar wheel spokes concave side outwards and detailed in black.

I'm Ian.

Quite right but it's still best part of 35 years old, those original CX silencers would have rotted through within a few years from new. It makes you wonder how many little gems lay hidden away in garages and sheds.
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast