+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where has my bass gone? :-(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm howard.

Have you walked all around your room? Is bass stronger anywhere in the room? You could be sat in a null

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by hayche View Post
    Have you walked all around your room? Is bass stronger anywhere in the room? You could be sat in a null
    Yes, there is a very obvious null in my room. speaker position is important, but so is listening position.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    I do. The capacitor in the crossover blocks DC so you can't read DC resistance.
    In which case I would infer that only the tweeter part of the crossover contains a capacitor (since I was able to read the resistance across the woofer) and as the woofer seems to be the problem, not the tweeter, that would suggest that the capacitor is not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    When you repaired the speakers, did you replace the surrounds? Is it possible they have perished and become stiffer than when they were new? Are they foam? Rubber?
    Yes, that's exactly what I did. The original surrounds had perished. I can't remember what the replacements are made of but it was only about 3 years ago so I doubt that the replacements will have perished. They certainly look to be in fine shape.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.
    System 3 (portable): Cayin N3
    My website: Foxysounds website
    My music: Foxysounds music

I'm Simon.

I got home from work too late today to do any listening tests at sensible volumes so I spent some time making some links so that I can use the AP2s single-wired. Tomorrow or Wednesday evening I should have time to move them onto my second system in the other room and see how they sound in there. Thanks again for all the input everyone. It's much appreciated.

Simon.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by hayche View Post
    Hi Howard. I've encountered this before (a very extreme case on one occasion) but the bass seems to be pretty evenly absent in this room.

+ Reply to Thread