+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlas Cables

I'm tony.

I have equator ic/speaker cable they are pretty good and very well constructed.

you have to spend a few bob to make significant gains.

I'm Robin.

I bought the Asimi XlR interconnect recently for use between an energiser and CD player. Although silver it’s very open, non fatiguing yet detailed and dynamic. The best interconnect I’ve heard so far. Wouldn’t call it a bargain though....
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm gone.

I'm not a big fan. The Atlas Ascent 3.5ii speaker cables I reviewed some years ago were excellent in many ways but I admired them more than loved them.

https://hifipig.com/atlas-ascent-3-5...peaker-cables/

A friend subsequently tried a later version and agreed they still sounded pretty much the same as I said in the review.

I'm Martin.

Default Atlas ascent 2 mk2

Im using a 2m pair of this speaker cable on my system that i picked up cheap 2nd hand, i think they may have been chopped from a longer run as they are bare wire one end. They made an incredible difference over the fairly heavy gauge fig 8 multi strand cable i was using previously. Transparent is how i would describe them and they help to paint a very wide and deep soundstage but its more of a wall of sound rather than holographic (in my system). Probably the best value hifi I’ve bought to be fair think i paid £70.

I'm Peter.

If I didn't now make my own cables, Atlas would be my first choice. Used various of their products in the past, and they were all excellent, sounding good, solid design and well-made. They replaced various much more expensive Nordost and Audio Note cables, with no loss of quality. Recommended ... especially second-hand

I'm phil.

I’ve had a few atlas ic and speaker cables and am now using atlas ic’s after trying others costing a lot more, as far as I’m concerned one of the best bargins in hi fi, only beaten just by audience lm looking for some atlas speaker cables now,
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    I’ve had a few atlas ic and speaker cables and am now using atlas ic’s after trying others costing a lot more, as far as I’m concerned one of the best bargins in hi fi, only beaten just by audience lm looking for some atlas speaker cables now,
    Andyrlb of this parish had a 2.5 metre pair of Hyper 2.0 for sale about 3 weeks ago - doesn't seem like he's sold them, and look like a bit of a bargain...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12