+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Svend.

Thanks Geoff. Good to know. I'll mull that over as an option. I've heard good things about the Caiman.

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    got a 3b with a digi plus board. works flawlessly. probably should upgrade the digi board, but an inclined to leave things that work alone these days
    Great to hear...thanks Grant.

Alberta is a beautiful province. We go there every winter to ski in the Rockies. Huge territory, small population...I can see how a plane would be needed to get your dad around, esp. up north.

Bigman80 Guest

Today the pi went onto WiFi!

I bought a 3+ after my trials with Mikes and i have to say, i think it may be slightly better? I could be imagining it but it seems a little more detailed. Like i say, could just be me.

I also tried a 128GB SSD in it and so far, no issues at all and its been on for over two hours.

Cool!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Today the pi went onto WiFi!

I bought a 3+ after my trials with Mikes and i have to say, i think it may be slightly better? I could be imagining it but it seems a little more detailed. Like i say, could just be me.

I also tried a 128GB SSD in it and so far, no issues at all and its been on for over two hours.

Cool!
    No, the 3+B is significantly better. Not a fan of WiFi though. All my stuff is wired!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    No, the 3+B is significantly better. No a fan of WiFi though. All my stuff is wired!
    Ah! Good. I thought I was imagining it. Seems much cleaner to me. Better bass too. I am very happy indeed.

The WiFi is only to communicate with the Pi in my case. SSD is attached via USB.

I'm Geoff.

Ah! Good. I thought I was imagining it. Seems much cleaner to me. Better bass too. I am very happy indeed.

The WiFi is only to communicate with the Pi in my case. SSD is attached via USB.
    Those are amongst the improvements.

Regarding Wifi, you realise that your RPi is doing the processing and that it is getting the raw files by wifi. Not ideal, even with the latest Pi!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Those are amongst the improvements.

Regarding Wifi, you realise that your RPi is doing the processing and that it is getting the raw files by wifi. Not ideal, even with the latest Pi!
    No, I don't know this!!! Is it better wired for that purpose?

I'm James.

No, I don't know this!!! Is it better wired for that purpose?
    Geoff is correct on this one Oli - wired is always better.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Geoff is correct on this one Oli - wired is always better.
    Ok, back in goes the wire!

I'm James.

Bluetooth not good either unless you use latest aptx HD, still think wired best though. Not sure if Pi can be configured with aptx. Not much gear supports it yet.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast