Closed Thread

Thread: Album Club - Discussion Thread Only

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's a great idea.

Try 'Let England Shake' by PJ Harvey, 'Smart Flesh' by The Low Anthem or 'Bon Iver' by Bon Iver... and let anyone who says no-one makes good music anymore hang their head in shame.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Sircom View Post
    It's a great idea.

Try 'Let England Shake' by PJ Harvey, 'Smart Flesh' by The Low Anthem or 'Bon Iver' by Bon Iver... and let anyone who says no-one makes good music anymore hang their head in shame.
    Good choices Alan, and possibly Fleet Foxes 'Helplessness Blues', & Explosions in the Sky 'Take Care, Take Care, Take Care', if we're keeping it to 2011
    Cheers, Will

Location: Swaledale, North Yorkshire + The Valley of Longevity

I'm Toooldnowtogrowup.

Sounds good fun ... but if the album choices are open to complete diversity then not a lot of people will have heard of the obscure stuff ... and I for one will not go out and buy something I have never heard and of a genre of music I do not like ... just to write in and say why I may not like it ... maybe that is why is better to stick to the Classics ...
    Brian
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smile, breathe and go slowly ..........................

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyleyes View Post
    Sounds good fun ... but if the album choices are open to complete diversity then not a lot of people will have heard of the obscure stuff ... and I for one will not go out and buy something I have never heard and of a genre of music I do not like ... just to write in and say why I may not like it ... maybe that is why is better to stick to the Classics ...
    Make a susggestion for a classic. the plan is to mix it so classics one week, alternative the week after.

you may not have the alternative album that wins but hopefully people will comment on the thread - both positive and negative, hopefully add links, as John mentions, and maybe you decide to go out try something new.

You can still vote for an alternative choice if one takes your fancy but you don't own it and then wait to see what comments are made. If you live locally to an AoS member maybe get together and have a listen

This all about the music

I'm Simon.

My suggestion for a classic -
    Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix

For alternative
    War Stories - Unkle

I'm Simon.

ok so far we have

Grace - Jeff Buckley Grace
    Unvisible - Medeski, Martin and Wood
    Let England Shake - PJ Harvey
    Smart Flesh - The Low Anthem
    Bon Iver - Bon Iver
    Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes
    Take Care, Take Care, Take Care - Explosions in the Sky

I'm already happy with some of those suggestions so not going to put one in myself.

I'm sure there's probably a limit to the number of options on a poll so I'll set one up tomorrow (I'm out Friday so will do it early to see how we get going on it) - for now let's say 10 albums on the weekly poll.

People can update this thread until then with choices and if we go over 10 I'll drop a couple id people pmake more than one suggestion to make way for them.

Closed Thread