+ Reply to Thread
Page 1307 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 30780712071257129713051306130713081309131713571407 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,070 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    That chicken look s yum.
    Yeah, the dog thought so too, I managed to grab the leg before he made off with it, but he knocked a wine glass over in the process, which was full and went everywhere before smashing...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

looks great roy..
    +1
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Don’t think I’ve ever had a steak bake for a proper meal, would be something I would grab in a Greggs for lunch, but that would be a nice quick meal.
    Alex

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Yeah, the dog thought so too, I managed to grab the leg before he made off with it, but he knocked a wine glass over in the process, which was full and went everywhere before smashing...
    Sorry, shouldn't laugh but it made me feel better about our little dear (clatter from the kitchen this evening, only a serving spoon falling to the floor as she tried to get at the curry in the slow cooker).
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

Roast beef again this Sunday.

I’m not the biggest fan of a roast (maybe it’s because I’ve cooked it?) but really enjoyed it today.

(Sorry about the shadow.)
    Alex

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Roast beef again this Sunday.

I’m not the biggest fan of a roast (maybe it’s because I’ve cooked it?) but really enjoyed it today.

(Sorry about the shadow.)
    a bit like myself. if i make it, i cant be bothered with all the palaver etc, but i do like scoffing lean and tender roast beef too and am inclined to pick at it until it is no more
    oddly im finding this more and more that once ive went to trouble of making a nice meal from sratch, i cant be arsed eating it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Nice and easy chicken and vegetable tray bake this evening so I could get on with making ratatouille ready for tomorrow’s dinner.

Alex

I'm Grant.

looks good one of my probs is not alway able to do things like that; but i woud eat it. i ws not feeling up to it to night so i just hit myself with whisky. .there is food and there is food.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

looks good one of my probs is not alway able to do things like that; but i woud eat it. i ws not feeling up to it to night so i just hit myself with whisky. .there is food and there is food.
    I know what you mean. When I lived on my own dinner virtually every night was a ham sandwich and a bottle of red. girlfriend at the time said if I died she would get me a coffin made that looked like a sandwich! I might have to join you in a dram later, I know it’s a “school night” but been one of those non-stop days.
    Alex

I'm Grant.

Mixed kebab and fritters
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread