+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NYDJ Jeans

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Broadening the subject slightly I've struggled in the past to find jeans that a) fit well & b) look ok & c) feel comfortable (possibly most important?). I used to live and die in Levis 501s but being straight cut they never had that 'tailored' look & my 'paunch' had a knack of pushing them down & causing a bad case of 'builders bum'.

I took a walk on the wild side and bought a cheap pair of skinny stretch jeans from Primark (oldest swinger in town at 60..) and what a difference! Although they're probably intended for those hipster types with no socks & beards they fitted a treat! The stretch element meant they stayed up better and the regular length sat on my shoes nicely. Since then I've tried other brands & my favourites are the top man stretch skinny range, at about 30 quid a pop the quality's easily up there with Levis, nice thick denim & they wash really well. Gok Wan signing off
    Roy I think 'builders bum' is not a good look

I definitely agree that the 'stretch' in jeans is the way to go.. I think it's the Elastane in their construction that makes the difference... Certainly my new NYDJ have enough Elastane in the 'right' places that aids their perfect fit

I used to wear 501's when I was younger but these days stretch is it

However don't get me going on Gok Wan ....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Ian.

Mucho denim required to accommodate my ample physique, doesn't really matter what I wear I always look like a bag of poo tied up in the middle hahaha
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Mucho denim required to accommodate my ample physique, doesn't really matter what I wear I always look like a bag of poo tied up in the middle hahaha

Ian I'm sure you don't look like a 'bag of poo tied up in the middle'....

Denim always looks good I think.... any age and any size......
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Gary.

‘All about the confidence....”.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I've just had delivery of the NYDJ (not your daughters jeans!) and they are certainly quite flattering for my age group... don't ask

I ordered a size smaller, as stated, and these USA made jeans just fit perfectly....

Very nice..... and they certainly 'lift' the bum area nicely....
    That last line reminds me of a trip to Scotland many years ago. After stopping at Tebay services for a brew, I saw this bum on the slip road, and decided to give him a lift, as it was raining and he looked pitiful. Immediately the car was filled with the smell of a forgotten wheelie bin full of dead dogs. Never again!

On the subject of tramps, Mrs. P told me yesterday that now I've lost some weight (17 lbs) all my jeans are looking like I found them in a skip. So I think a trip to Cheshire Oaks is on the cards.

I'd go with Roy's suggestion with the skinny stretch ones, but with my legs I'd look like Max Wall

Or do NYDJ also do a "Not Your Dad's Jeans" range?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

I could punch that enough to make it look 'pretty'. I can't stand the supercilious twat.

Bev

I'm malcolm.

I really liked Levi 508 'skaters' jeans, love the xtra space in them due to an old cycling injury, unfortunately been unavailable for a good few years now.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I could punch that enough to make it look 'pretty'. I can't stand the supercilious twat.

Bev
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

I've developed a bit of a paunch in the last couple of years myself. It seems the ladies have that all sorted but that's nothing I know of for men. Bev do you have any recommended "shapewear" undies you could recommend to us? Or am I better off asking Marco for advice in that department?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Marco is definitely the one to ask when it comes to 'slimming' underwear. Looking at him now it's hard to believe the fire service once had to bring him out through his bedroom window. He's even been able to put the front seats back in the Brabster
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast