+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 611 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Oooh, you devil... Say hello to the girls of Bathgate for me!

Marco.
    gave it a spin across the county and then a slow chug at 20 through e whitburn... all town speed limits are 20mph here.. bloody crazy tbh, but with a hybrid you do get excellent mpg at that speed lol.. did about 20 miles and got 60mpg overall...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    did about 20 miles and got 60mpg overall...
    Probably about the same as mine. Suzuki claimed 74 mpg extra-urban, but I never believed it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Probably about the same as mine. Suzuki claimed 74 mpg extra-urban, but I never believed it.
    yeah some of the small suzies do good mpg... this car of mine is not huge but with the hybrid in it its weight is nearing 2000kg
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Anytime I see or hear the word 'canoe' I think of 'Deliverance.'

But you wouldn't get me in a hot air balloon for love nor money. So many ways that can end badly.

You would have a life jacket on in the canoe so not being a good swimmer wouldn't really matter. Sounds a bit too hectic for a holiday pass-time for me though.
    I'll call it a kayak then It was a two person jobbie, and yes we did have life jackets on, as I wasn't sure how bad I'd be. But it was definitely not hectic, just floating downstream, using the paddles for steering.

The kayak hire was at our camp site - bloke drove us a few miles upstream with the canoes in tow, dumped us off and we just floated downstream for a few hours, punctuated by the occasional stop for a cold beer or a bite to eat. when we'd floated back to the campsite we just give him his canoe back. Job done

Not a fan of water sports, too much faff, but that was a piece of piss.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes way too cold in Europe, I'm talking about the Caribbean Sea. That's lovely and warm.
    Some of the Med is ok - at my brother's place (Cap d'Agde) the beach shelves so gradually you can be 100 yards out and still only waist deep. A lot less cold than deeper waters.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    strange.. i loved that tbh... water should be fine if you can touch bottom mate.. you wont drown
    He'd float anyway, what with all the methane

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

I'm Grant.

yeah official for my car is. Fuel economy combined: 72.4 mpg which lets face it is bollocks.

i have had over 90 on short runs of about 7 miles, if heading east and its slightly downwards. Avg in winter is a little under 50. in summer its a little over 50, and like now and in autumn its about 55mpg. Tho, you can stretch it a bit if the aircon is off and you drive in eco mode, and use a gentle right foot.
    overall i'd say 52mpg up here, which isnt bad for a near 2 metric ton car in scotland doing my mileage and type. my last ford only averaged about 20. mostly due to town driving. running at 20mph in this i can achieve 70 odd, but it only lasts so long and then engine will run a lot more as battery is drained.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I can get 52 or more on the flat at 60 from my 535d. Not bad for a 3 litre.

Not that the long term average is anywhere near that, but I still get 36-38 overall.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Well I've got my car back and the brakes seem sorted, unfortunately the mechanic has mislaid the ignition key .

Fortunately I have a spare, but I'll need to get another cut. Good job it's a plain key with no chip. He's offered to pay for it and not charged me for sorting the brakes. I actually expect he'll find the key, the car only went from inside the workshop to the parking lot outside before the key was lost.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread